Monday, November 28, 2011

11.19 - Food and Nerves

Jacket: Armani Exchange
Sweater, Cami, jeans: Express
Necklace: Lia Sophia
Earrings and Sunglasses: Target
I did have on nice shoes but changed prior to getting out of the car since we had a decent amount to walk.
Look how much room I was allotted in the King
The day started with going to the gym.  I made sure to check the hours after going Friday night and having them be closed. Our hotel paperwork said they were open until 10 on Friday but they were only open until 9.   Dave and I both used the elliptical for 30 minutes.  I didn't go all out hardcore since it should have been a rest day.  Not only should it have been a rest day but it really hardcore should have been with the marathon just a day away.
After that Dave and I went to visit his grandmom and saw his dad and uncle there too.  After a bit we left and went to meet his mom and Shawn at Nifty Fifties.  Dave and I shared a cheesesteak. I didn't really like it. We also shared cheese fries and an oreo milkshake.   Then we visited Dave's mom for awhile and hung out.
We had to go down to pick up my race packet after lunch.  We went to Pat's on the way home to get another cheesesteak.

I wouldn't do anything in the evening. I needed to be at the hotel and try to relax. I was majorly stressed.  My pre-race stress is bad. It gets worse with race distance.  It only gets less with doing the exact same race with the same course and carpooling with someone. I really need to figure out how to make the pre-race fun.  Once a race actually starts, I'm fine.  Actually once I get to the start line I'm fine. I just need to get there early.  If I have someone to talk to pre-race, I'm much better.  I don't understand it.  It's not like I'm running against anyone but myself.  In little 5k races that have less than 100 people I am nervous.   I don't know what I think will happen. Well I think I'll get stuck in traffic. I think I'll be late. I'll think I won't find a parking spot. I think I won't be ready.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you. I bought it in DC in May of 2010. I was looking all over for a jacket with sleeves long enough. That was as close as I got. After I found it I went to show my husband it to make sure it was OK to buy and he was shocked at what store I was in. I didn't even know what Armani is. He looked it up on his phone and read it to me. I'm the worst fashion blogger.

    But jackets this style are popping up all over the place. Katy from ModlyChic has a white one that looks very similar that she got at Ann Taylor Loft I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can never get sleeves long enough either.

    ReplyDelete