Sunday, November 20, 2011

Philadelphia Marathon

I ran the Philadelphia Marathon today. My first marathon. 4:42:50
I was a nervous wreck prior to the race. It is just too stressful for me. The entire night before I was nervous/stressed.

My goal was 5 hours because of my calf pain the past 3 weeks.
I still did math the entire time.
I kept waiting until I hit the wall that I kept hearing so much about and that never happened.  I even slowed up a lot thinking I was doing great on my goal and I didn't want to burn out like the other people I saw.

I'll write more later.

Is it better to go slower and not be sore or broken at all or to kill yourself to go faster and end up sore, hurt, miserable?

I stalked myself and got emails with my splits. Here they are. I also got texts. Anyone else could have stakled me too but I only know about a few that did.



Philadelphia Marathon - Race Results
Colleen McCloskey at the 10K point in 1:04:59.
Pace: 10:28 min/Mile.
Estimated Finish Time: 4:34:25.
Estimated Time of Arrival: 11:59:02.

Colleen McCloskey at the Half point in 2:17:48.
Pace: 10:31 min/Mile.
Estimated Finish Time: 4:35:44.
Estimated Time of Arrival: 12:00:25.

Colleen McCloskey at the 30K point in 3:18:50. {better than my 30k race that was 3:19:14}
Pace: 10:40 min/Mile.
Estimated Finish Time: 4:39:40.
Estimated Time of Arrival: 12:04:26.

Colleen McCloskey at the Finish point in 4:42:50. {better than my projected time based on 20 mi run}
Pace: 10:47 min/Mile.
Time of Arrival: 12:07:37.

7 comments:

  1. That's a lot of miles. I guess you can retire now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't retire until I run an ultramarathon. Or maybe I can't retire until I run an Ultra with Callie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your marathon! That is a wonderful time (my first marathon was 4:43) and it sounds like you ran smart and finished strong. I think that's more important than killing yourself for a slightly faster time. Plus, it will be easier to get a new PR in your next marathon! :)

    Well done, Colleen! I'm glad all your hard work paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Angeline.

    Chrissy, I was actually going to look on your blog to find out the time you got at your first marathon.

    Also I secretly had it in my head not to do too well or I'd never be able to beat it next time. The course was so flat here that I'll never do as well with the same training for the Pittsburgh marathon. Just wait until my detailed post about this and my thoughts. I might actually make it well written or maybe I'll just make it a bulleted list. who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I have been toying with the idea of doing a full and your post is inspiring! Philly must have been great! Be proud of this accomplishment--it's a huge deal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Stacy. You should do it. It is so rewarding. Just wait until I write my full marathon recap when I have my Garmin data uploaded and everything.

    ReplyDelete