Tuesday, December 20, 2011

12.10 - Party

Sweater: Express
Pants: VS
Necklace: Sears
Shoes: Famous Footwear
I woke up knowing I had a ton to do. I didn't want to do any of it. I forgot to set my alarm so we got started a little late. We went down and made the chili. It had to be in the crockpot for 9 hours on low (which is what we were going for but it could also have been on high for 5 hours). I played on my computer.
I ate lunch, I watched many episodes of West Wing.  At 1 we had paused it to make the glaze for the kielbasa.

Around 3:00 we stopped watching West Wing and decided to start cleaning and cooking.  We sure know how to do it right.
At one point I showered and decided to cut my hair, because obviously cutting my hair was important to be done before company.  At another point we hung up some pictures in our hallway.  At another point in time I decided to make another kind of cookies since I know my uncle likes chocolate so why not make a double chocolate cookie for him. He doesn't even eat many cookies so that wasn't a requirement to be done either.
At 4:30 guests arrived. (Well my parents showed up early but I said they could.)
We were ready to eat at 5.   We ran out of some food. I thought we were going to have SO MUCH extra. We did not. We just had a ton extra of some of the appetizer stuff. We have a ton left of the expensive cheese though.
Some family left at 8:30. The rest left at 11 or so.  Man was I tired.  I could barely stay awake.

I probably shouldn't have cooked while wearing those heels. My feet hurt by the end of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment