Thursday, February 14, 2019

5.11.18 Roadtrip Day 11

7:40 something Mile woke. Dave already up. He got Miles and woke me. I was so tired.
I went to the car to get Miles’s soap. I gave him a bath in the sink.

Miles really hates baths as you can tell by the picture. 








Packing and getting ready take forever as always.
9:16 still packing
10:05 left hotel
10:27 McD’s quick
10:50 parked
11:01 museum
















Everything is the worst for me. Neither kid wants to be there. If I try to look at anything I carry Miles while pulling a wagon. It’s very crowded. I have no free hands to adjust the wagon or adjust how I’m carrying Miles. I have no free hands to take pics. And Dave is off looking on his own. 






Snacks twice while there. I was dying of thirst but we were not allowed our own water in.





We got a penny press. We try to get them everywhere we go but rarely find them.

I was so done by the end. There was also a statue fiasco with the kids. I tried to have them stand by it so I could take a picture and my camera wasn’t working so I was trying to kill the app and reboot my phone. Apparently even though there were no signs you were not allowed to touch the statue and Ella got yelled at.  And I didn't get a good picture by the time the camera worked.









We ate lunch at the Long Nine Junction. Both kids ate my turkey. I had ⅓ of it, if that.
1:50 left Springfield
1:56 Miles fell asleep.
2:22 rest stop
2:28 rest stop


I was barely left with any turkey in my sandwich. I guess the kids were hungry for lunch even though they snacked a lot. 





















3:40 hotel

We went to Sugarfire Smoke House for dinner. 






Miles ate mac n cheese, pork, turkey, and brisket. I thought he was done but he wanted a rib, too.

 
 


6:25 back from dinner.

Ella and Dave went to the pool. Miles was in bed.
He cried. He was awake. Diaper change. Then he was still up.

9:13 another diaper change.



This is Miles in his pack n play popping up to look at us. (Nightlight is reflecting in the mirror behind him but after the pic I closed the bathroom door to make it darker.)

No comments:

Post a Comment