Saturday, February 9, 2019

Fitbit vs Garmin

Years ago I got a Fitbit and compared it with the BodyMedia Fit I used to wear. I wore the fitbit then a new fit bit for years. I bought a new Garmin for running but then my Fitbit stopped charging or it'll charge after fiddling with it for 45 minutes. So I started to wear both and decided to compare that data.

I am using a Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate and Garmin vivoactive 3

I am so shocked how different the data is.  The Garmin has 1500 fewer steps in a day. The Garmin says I sleep longer too. It doesn't have all the little wake-ups I usually have.









When I first started wearing both I took screen shots and made a collage.

I have run 1 time since I got the Garmin. When I ran I used fitbit, mapmyrun, and Garmin. 
Fitbit is usually low for distance so I'm surprised that one has it as the furthest. I need to run again to compare again. I wish my old Garmin worked for a comparison to that too.  Garmin had a distance of 1.01, Fitbit 1.16, and maapmyrun said 1.07. The times were slightly different because it's hard to start and stop so many devices at the same time.

I do like that I get more notifications on the Garmin than on the fitbit. I only got texts on the fitbit but I get facebook messages, google hangouts ,and whatsapp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment