Thursday, February 28, 2019

Marble Painted Shamrocks


I'm hosting a meetup group for St. Patrick's Day and decided to do some marble painted shamrocks.

I found shamrock images on google and resized and printed. There are so many shamrocks but I found one in the look I liked and the clarity.

This is an example of a sheet I printed. I printed on cardstock so it is thicker. 

I didn't have more than 1 marble so I used some beads I had on hand. I have 3 different sized round beads and 1 marble.  I put the shamrock into a container with the marbles.

I bought my paint at Target since my movers wouldn't move any paint I already owned. But Amazon has various whites and greens you can buy. 
Then drip some paint onto your shamrock. I wanted less paint but that's how fast it came out. After the first one I got smaller drips.
 Put the lid on and shake! This is the fun part for the kids.
 If you use less paint, it is not as wet. Carefully lift out the shamrock and put it somewhere to dry.
Now we shall see how this goes with 15 kids in 2 weeks.  Ella used a hole puncher and punched a hole into it so she can put hers on a necklace.   Let me know if you try this craft out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment