Sunday, February 24, 2019

33 Weeks (February)

The pic above is from the Baby Center app on my phone. I'm about 20 weeks behind. It's so difficult. I hate how you have to use the phone.



I've been drinking less water than normal just because I'm so sick of having to go to the bathroom so much and also so sick of the peeing when I'm coughing. I'm on day 31 of my cough.

I feel like I waddle a bit or maybe look like I do but mainly I think it's a limp. Sometimes one side of my groin or one side of my back hurts worse then I limp.

Turning over at night is a hardship. Actually getting situated with lots of covers is very tiring at night.
Excruciating back pain started this week. Then it hits daily at 5 PM or earlier. It's rough rough rough. Miles will ask me to hold him and I won't. I will hold his hand. he's getting better at understanding. At night I don't lie down beside him but I just sit in the chair.

I noticed I had to loosen my watch. I did read that your wrists can retain fluid.

I keep forgetting. I need to fill out the hospital form or whatever it's called. I keep not doing things I should be doing. I need to find a new cleaner. I need to fill out the preschool enrollment forms.

I'm still in shock at how much weight I gained this week.

I had my first baby sprinkle. Time flew. I feel like I didn't get to talk to anyone enough. I'll do a separate post. I would have thrown a pic or 2 here but then the kids took like 380 pics with my good camera so I figure there are enough pics for another post.
I couldn't get a good comparison of all 3 pregnancies. The black shirt is slimming so it throws things off too.  161.3 (2 lb loss from being sick), 160.6, and 166.3. I weigh more now. Starting weight was the highest when I got pregnant with Ella but I was only just a little lower than that this time. I was a lot lower when I got pregnant with Miles.  
I made a quick collage of some random weeks throughout and then I added my weight at the bottom. 

Size of baby: Pineapple, 17.2 inches long from head to heel. My app on my phone says the baby weighs about 4.5 pounds.

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  31.2 lb gain overall. I gained 2.9 lb in the past week. It's shocking to me how the first trimester I can lose so much weight and yet still gain so much more than all the apps say. My one app says normal weight gain is 8-16 lbs at this point. 


Maternity Clothes:  The same as it's been. Still wearing non maternity PJ pants and athletic pants. The tops are maternity and some are too short to go over this belly.

Movement: The movement is fairly quick so I don't even think to tell people about it when it happens because if they tried to feel it, it's gone already. But there is lots of movement. Times I see the covers or things on me move from the movement.


Sleep:  It's pretty crappy. At least 3 days this week Miles slept through the night in his bed. I have been awake numerous times  in the night and then am awake for 2 hours because I can't fall asleep. Then I get so mad I waste time trying to fall asleep. Some of those times it's from Miles and other times I just can't get comfortable. I feel like I've been drinking less this week and my leg cramps are more often but I wake up less often to pee. Poly is still waking me up trying to cuddle with me. 

What I miss: Running, crossing my legs, getting up off the ground easily, functioning without back pain, comfortable sleep


Aversions: Nothing I can think of.

Symptoms: Back pain, groin pain, leg cramps while sleeping (mostly my right quad), nose bleeds (is that a symptom of pregnancy), exhausted, trouble sleeping.

Best moment this week: baby sprinkle


Looking forward to:  Something magically happening so I'm not in back pain every single day. 

Exercise:  I used the elliptical once and 11 minutes of weights once. I went to Happy Hollow for 5 hours. 

Same this time: I had back pain and groin pain when pregnant with Miles.  Some maternity clothes stopped fitting. I wore non-maternity athletic pants.  With all 3 pregnancies the movement would be quick so then by the time someone would try to feel it, it would be gone.



Different from last time: When pregnant with Miles, I was researching what people put in hospital bags. Well I didn't even remember I should think about such a thing until I read the post from last time.  When pregnant with Ella, I had had a birthing class already.  They don't even tell you about them after you already have a baby. 


4 comments:

  1. Will you have a scheduled c-section for this baby? I'm sorry you're in so much pain. I keep thinking how 31 pounds is not that much. That app saying gain only 8-16 pounds so far is insane. I feel like you look fantastic. I gained 67 pounds with Aurora and thought that was good compared to the 80 I gained with Parker. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t remember you posting about being in pain. Were you? I know near the end you had crazy swelling.

      Delete
    2. Not like you. I think mine was just regular third trimester feeling crappy and sore. I did have crazy swelling in my feet and ankles though! But that wasn't until week 38/39?

      Delete
    3. We haven't talked about c-section or VBAC yet but this week I will learn the baby's current position so then will have more of an idea how it might go down.

      Delete