Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Garmin 405 Laps

The Garmin 405 will end up filling up the data with the laps.  Once it gets close, you get a warning with each split telling you that the database is almost full and to delete old laps.  This is rather annoying mid-run because it blocks you from seeing your actual splits unless you time it perfectly to look after the warning goes away for the second or two that the lap split still shows up.  I don't see why it has to warn you each split for the rest of the run. I haven't tried to delete laps during a run yet. I am always too afraid I'll end up doing something to my current run or losing the data I already have.

I have only had to delete my old data twice so far but I did get a new watch when my original was still under warranty.

To delete old data:

  1. Hold down on Menu. 
  2. Highlight History (if not already selected) and tap the bezel to enter or hit the start/stop button.
  3. Scroll to Delete and tap the bezel to enter or hit the start/stop button.
  4. Scroll to Old Activities and tap the bezel to enter or hit the start/stop button.  You can also choose "All Activities" but I prefer to just delete the old ones. 
  5. You will be asked to confirm the deletion. Select Yes and tap the tap the bezel to enter or hit the start/stop button. 
If you delete All Activities you can review the deletion by tapping Reset, then selecting Activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment