Sunday, August 11, 2013

20 weeks (Aug 10)

I feel like I looked more pregnant yesterday. I should have taken the pictures yesterday but I missed being home in the daylight. It's so weird that some people don't realize I'm pregnant. I find that so hard to believe.  But it happened again Saturday around noon when I arrived at DBC.

We ordered a crib today. They are all pretty much the same. Some are sturdier than others. We got dark wood. Dave has been complaining for years how he hates white things so now it's in my head that they aren't as good. White would have been good for a girl but I'm really liking really dark wood lately so I chose that.

I feel like I should have a lot more to say up here above all the standard weekly stuff but at the moment I can't think of anything and just think about how I need to get to coding for my portfolio challenges and doing my Week 2 (phase 2 week 2) prep.


Size of baby: Banana, 6-6.3 inches long from crown to rump. 

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  3.9 lb gain overall. I gained 3.6 in the past week but also from Week 18 to 19 I had lost some weight.  I forgot to weigh myself today in my pajamas so I already had my clothes on. I didn't have shoes on so maybe the number is similar enough. (Since I took pictures a day late this got posted a day late and on Sunday I weighed a full lb less than I did on Saturday.)


Maternity Clothes:  Since I got a ton of maternity clothes from Jen I think I wore maternity clothes all week. 

Gender: Girl!


Movement: I felt movement 2 or 3 times this week which was about the same number of times as last week. 


Sleep: The same as the past 2 weeks!
The same exact as last week. I have been sleeping on the train a little more this week. But I've been working less!
My lack of sleep is not baby related. I'm so exhausted this past week. I slept about 6 hours a night with adjusting to Dev Bootcamp and 4 hours traveling a day!

What I miss: Being able to go almost all day without having to go to the bathroom. I'm not liking this every couple hours thing.


Cravings: Nothing yet.  When do these usually start?


Aversions: Nothing really


Symptoms: Getting lightheaded a few times. Not being able to stand for a long time. This past week I didn't end up walking or biking too fast so never had the pain in my belly I was getting. Not sure if I just exercised slower or if that just stopped happening. I have noticed that if I stand after eating, my desire to pass out is a lot higher than standing in general which is weird.  On Monday I had to sit down twice when we were doing different activities at class. I think some people just thought I was being a jerk because I didn't explain why I needed a chair the first time.  I've realized that when I'm about to pass out the volume of my words is really low and I don't actually explain anything. I believe I said "excuse me. chair" and that was it. Instead of something like "excuse me so I can get to a chair to sit down because I feel like I'm going to pass out."

Best moment this week:  I guess telling people the results of the ultrasound. Some people at Dev Bootcamp were curious and actually asked instead of me just telling people who might not care. 


Looking forward to: Getting more sleep. But I probably should have something else that I'm looking forward to, too.


Exercise:  About the same as last week. My bike headlight was stolen so I didn't bike for 2 days and walked in the morning and had Dave pick me up.  My plantar fasciitis is so bad that I did take the bus to the train station on Thursday and Friday but Mon-Wed I walked. 
Last week: In addition to what I've been doing for the past 2 weeks, 3 days this week I walked to the train station after class. That takes about a half hour. A few days I walked in the morning and had Dave pick me up after work versus biking. I walked to restaurants twice at lunch too. So even with getting picked up after work twice I exercised a lot more this week. I did only go to yoga once since my assessment time conflicted.
I will start wearing a maternity shirt in the pictures so I don't stretch out my pink shirt much more. The maternity shirt is longer as you can see from above. Both of those pictures were taken this morning.

3 comments: