Thursday, August 22, 2013

Week 6, Day 3 (8/22)

The day started with talking about empathy. As the teacher was mentioning you feel what someone else is going through, my mind got distracted thinking about how when someone else is being tickled I feel like I'm being tickled and then I had some trouble paying attention because I kept thinking about how I hate being tickled.

We did some group projects but this time we took a group project from last week and improved it.  It was interesting to spend an hour going through their software and their code figuring out what everything was. It was so much easier to see how to improve someone else's code than it is to improve your own.

At 3:00, groups had to present on what they changed so far and what they were going to do. They were just short presentations.  I think the idea is just to get us used to presenting on code. This is our 5th presentation this phase and so far 2 of 5 times, my group seemed to plan out who would say what and that worked so much better. Sometimes people just want to wing it but then I feel like it doesn't go as smoothly or someone hogs all the "good" info to say so everyone else doesn't have much to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment