Saturday, November 2, 2013

32 Weeks (11.2)

On Sunday I had my second baby shower. I think there were 15 people here total. It probably was not a good idea to cave and let Dave have it here. I spent far too long cleaning.  It was a great shower. I wish more people could stay longer though.

I can't believe how much this baby moves now. I also cannot believe how much Poly likes me now.

We had some extra onesies after the shower since everyone did not make one and then I became addicted to making some myself.  I even ordered some more colorful onesies in different sizes. Yet the ones I ordered seem to be the same even though they are sized differently. This baby is going to have a lot of onesies that are awesome early on then not so many later even though I tried.

I'll have a separate post about the shower and about onesies later so I didn't elaborate in this post.
I take a million pictures of myself with Poly since she loves me so much. I've even taken videos to show how she's always rubbing her face on mine.  I just included 2 pictures but I probably take pictures at 5 different occasions everyday. Most of the time I'm in my PJs so I didn't choose those.  She still likes to sleep on me or beside me. She wakes me up if I'm not positioned properly for her to sleep with me. She's cute. Dave misses the attention she used to give him.
Size of baby: Bok Choy, 16.7 inches long from head to heel. My app on my phone says the baby weighs about 4 pounds.

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  26.8 lb gain overall. I lost 0.3 in the past week. I'm probably making up for gaining excessively at my parents house.



Maternity Clothes:  Same as previous weeks: Mostly. Some t-shirts and hoodies aren't maternity. I also sleep in my yoga pants that aren't maternity. I still wear some non maternity cami's because some maternity shirts are too see through and you can see that seams don't alone. I'm probably really stretching out those cami's

Gender: Girl!


Movement: Same write-up as last week but with even more movement: The amount of movement is crazy. My entire belly will move too. But she only moves for a few seconds so by the time I tell people to watch my belly move, there is nothing for them to see.  Sometimes she is moving like crazy so I tell Dave to feel and as soon as he sticks his hand on my belly she stops.



Sleep:  I've woken up a few times because Poly is sleeping on my chest and I want to turn over so I have to boot her off. Also my shoulder will be in an awkward position because she is cuddled with me so that might wake me up. (This happened before I was pregnant but now she likes to sleep with me even more so it happens more.)   My back will be sore when I wake up but that's only on days that I wake up with a cat on my chest.

What I miss: Exercising and running. Being able to easily bend over. Eating lunch meat or feta cheese. The ability to have my legs crossed and slouch a lot. I know you aren't supposed to slouch in general but I always like to.


Cravings: Nothing yet.

Aversions: Nothing really.
some other angles besides just side profile
Symptoms: My back has been sore during the day. I sit in a desk chair that doesn't recline and have a cat who tries to use my belly as a shelf and rubs her head on mine so I have to slouch but with no back support. Plus I've been sewing and hunching over. I was making Thank You cards and had to stop after a couple hour sat my kitchen chair because my back was sore.  All of these things might have made my back sore in the past but perhaps it is worse or lasting longer or I'm just doing more things together that all cause some pain. I haven't been lightheaded. I only got a little lightheaded on Sunday but that was an hour into my shower after I realized I was cleaning all morning and did not remember to eat.

Best moment this week: The onesie portion of the baby shower!  I really need to do a separate post about the shower. I also plan to do a specific post on the onesies since there were some issues.


Looking forward to:  Getting a rocking chair or recliner. Buying items remaining on the registry so we can finish getting ready.

Exercise:  I can't think of anything I even did this week. I was extremely lazy when Dave was out of town and got caught up on a lot of TV shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment