Thursday, January 30, 2014

Photo book (update)

Update: I realized Shutterfly has a 100% guarantee and I contacted them. I got a credit to reorder the photobook with the missing wording. (I even updated a few pages to get rid of a couple pics that ended up blurry. I also changed the font and added wording to the spine.

Shutterfly photo books offer a wide range of artful designs and embellishments to choose from.


The photo book I should have ordered is the one above. Somehow it says matte finish but that's not the only difference. Most words are missing and I didn't notice. I'm so mad. I got my photo book today in the mail and I'm just so mad that my nice stories are gone.

After this I did some research and tried to look into other photo books. I used Costco before so thought I'd look into them. They charge $.78 for each additional 2 pages versus $1 for each additional 1 page with Shutterfly. I got out my photo books that I own and the one I have from My Publisher is amazing.

I'm so mad about this that I'm grinding my teeth. I'm more mad that I should have noticed the lack of journaling. I got warnings numerous times that the book didn't save properly but I didn't always recheck all the pages.

I'm not a big fan of the font used in the book. I used a default font. If I did it again, I'd change the default font.

I complained before about a lack of spell check. Well when their site wasn't working right, someone suggested I use IE since that's what she was told from their customer service once.  Well well well in IE there IS a spell check. IE is insanely slow loading things but I guess the features are different.

I wish I would have realized that I could add text to the spine of the photo book too. I guess I have learned a few things for next time.

I couldn't fall asleep because I was so mad about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment