Tuesday, August 20, 2019

First Day of Kindergarten (8.19.19)

Ella had her first day of kindergarten. She was a bit nervous. She had a few weeks off after preschool and before kindergarten. We had a few kinder playdates in the past month to get to know a few other people from school.  There are 4 classrooms of kindergarteners. We know a few people at the school. She happens to be in class with 1 kid we met at a playdate and with 1 we knew from preschool.

Class postings were on the 16th.  Then orientation was on the 18th. The first day was on the 19th. It was all so late and last minute.  We didn't even know that the first day was a minimum day until the 18th. It was crazy.

Ella was a bit nervous.  We dropped her off at 8 am.  The first day was a minimum day so it was 8:00-11:55.
Walking over to coffee for the parents, Miles saw Aurelia. He asked if we could go say hi. He ran over and they hugged. I could barely get the camera on my phone for a picture.
Ella is on the far side of room sitting on a purple square.
Ella had a good day. She said it was fun. She drew pictures, sang, played, ate snack, and did a scavenger hunt. Maybe they did more but that was all she listed or at least all I remember from what she listed.
Ella biked to school. The rest of us walked with her.

After school we went out for pizza and then ice cream.  We ended up going to Target after to buy some black out curtains and Ella got a few things.

At Icicles, someone left a backpack full fo school supplies. I opened it to try to find some identifying information. Ella was yelling at me not to go into someone else's bag.  There was not enough to get it back to the kid but I was able to get it to the school and they said they would get it to him.

So many moms I know were very emotional about their kid's first day. I wasn't like that at all.
I printed a sign for Ella to hold up but she wouldn't hold it up. Here's the best I got of a pic of Ella with the sign I made. She wanted no parts of my sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment