Friday, January 24, 2020

Kids Say ... (November and December 2019)

Here are another 2 months of documented quotes.

----------

I was reading to the kids and heard from upstairs and said. “Oh no the baby is awake” and Miles said “was that in the story? They doesn’t make sense."

Baby monitor wasn’t working so I didn’t hear it via phone. He had to get so loud to hear him

11/5
----------

Ella: Hey google tell us a joke

Google didn’t respond

Miles: a cow jumped over the pig

11/6
----------

Me: When Liam wakes up do you want to the dollar store?

Miles: When Liam wakes up you will need to feed him

He’s right!

11/7
----------

I came downstairs after failed nap crib transfer failed redo

And I see poop in the potty. I ask Miles if I need to wipe him he said “no I wiped myself with a Kleenex”

I rewiped. I like how he tries to be a big boy.

11-7
----------

This pump it up is dark and has glow sticks. Miles is scared of it all. Says “I thought this party would have fun stuff for me to do”

11-8

----------

Miles: you can leave now mommy

Such a great preschool drop off

11-13-19
----------

Miles: why are you wearing such pretty things?

Miles: Why are you so beautiful?

Miles: Oh I get it girls like to be beautiful

I said things between like I had to wear blue for baby sprinkle

I was dressed for Georgia’s sprinkle

11-17
----------

Dave was learning how to put hair in a ponytail better. And then how to part hair. I gave lessons before but he needs it a few times

Then Dave said “too bad one of those other kids isn’t a girl so I could use my skills more”
Ella: trade Liam with Freya!
She’s willing to just drop Liam!


11-17
----------

“I have to pee. I have to pee. Get the cup. Get the cup”
Apparently he liked peeing in a cup at the doctors earlier

11-18
---------- 

Miles: Where are we going?
Me: Nowhere
Miles: Then why are you dressed like that?

I’m in what I slept in including green hoodie

11-19
----------

I told Miles he is with me tomorrow and no preschool. I thought he’d be happy. He curled in a ball on the floor and cried 

I asked why does he like preschool. He said yeah

Yet today when I picked him up I asked if he had a good day he said " no, because I didn’t have any favorite parts” 

12-2
----------

Miles: Mommy can I have Liam’s energy? I said something about how he must hear us say that and I also wish I had Liam's energy.
Miles: What does energy look like?

How do I recharge?
12/5, grocery store parking lot
----------

“I don’t want to watch tv. Why are you trying to turn the tv on?”
Me: I want to shower and don’t want you to bother me
Parenting

12-5
----------

Miles just spit in my water
Miles: do you want some of this spitty water?

12/13/19

----------

Dave: what I’m going to do is cut this is to thirds
Miles: cut it into quarters
Dave: thirds
Me: Miles why did you want him to cut it into quarters
Miles: so we can all have a piece
Dave: that is very smart Miles
Ella: what are quarters!?!?

Dave was cutting ice cream cake. And none for me

12/21
------

Me: Ella do you know what today is?
Ella: Tuesday
Me: I don’t know If it’s Tuesday
Dave: it is Tuesday
Me: Ella do you know what else today is?

I just wanted her to say Christmas Eve

12/24/19
----------

The other night Ella was doing site words. Miles was jealous and wanted to do them too. So Dave showed him one card and told him 2 words. sort of he would remember them

The next night he wanted to do site words again so I got another card out. And then I asked him what the word was and he said "egg" then I turned it over what’s this word and he said "there." I said no those were different words. Then I said "but daddy said those are the words" so he remembered the two words from a whole day later but didn't associate them with what it looks like on the page

12/25/19
---------- 

Dave: Miles I have important news for you
Miles runs out of bed over to him.
Dave: Next year Christmas Eve will happen again
Miles: With snow?!

12/26/19
----------

Talking about what we need for pancakes. Then we go downstairs and I say OK can we get everything we need. And then Miles says “OK let’s split up.”

Then we split up and he got stuff I got stuff. (We got everything but didn't have a pan. We forgot to list the pan. See quote in a future post for January about how he remembered this.)

12/30
----------

I can't wait until Liam starts joining in on these quotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment