Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Benchmark Runs

I started trying to do 1 benchmark run a month since Beth told me about them. I couldn't do the exact splits she does but then learned the method I do is also one the internet says exists too. I jog .5 mi then run .25 mi as fast as I can. That .25 is the benchmark time I mark down. Then I cooldown about a half mile or so.  The cooldown distance is just the distance to home! 

I used to do a cool graphic in canva but then I didn't have all the times in one place. More recently I typed in the details into a google sheet.  Then I added overall run pace and distance. My warmup and cooldown used to be much slower.  Then I added some notes about my injuries. 

Sometimes I run in the morning, sometimes in the afternoon, sometimes with a stroller, sometimes without, sometimes in the shade, sometimes in the sun so it's not a perfect comparison. Also the courses vary. 



No comments:

Post a Comment