Monday, July 8, 2013

13 weeks (June 22)

We went for an ultrasound on June 17. Once that was all clear, we knew we'd start telling people.  I had to wait until Dave got home from work to call his parents then I could start telling others. I didn't think it'd be fair to tell people all day and then have them know before his parents. 

It just so happened that my monthly doctor visit was the same week so on Wednesday we went to the doctors. That wasn't as exciting since we just had the ultrasound. The doppler wouldn't work so she had to get out the ultrasound. That would have been even cooler if we didn't just have the ultrasound 2 days earlier.
I didn't quite get to tell everyone before news started getting spoiled. Telling my aunt was the most elaborate. She was on vacation but I wanted to tell her before she heard it through the grapevine. I knew if I didn't tell her while she was on vacation, she'd hear it from my cousin when she read it on facebook. So I tried to call my aunt's cell and it went straight to voice mail. I left a message. The next day I called again and it went straight to voice mail. So my I talk to my  mom and she gives me my uncle's cell phone number. His rings but no answer. So I texted him. I explained who I was and asked if he could have my aunt call me when she got a chance. Well my aunt thought something was wrong with someone in the family so she called me back right away from Disney World. She was so excited. We talked for a bit and then she got off the phone. I thought she was in a hurry because she was at an amusement park with her son, daughter-in law, and 2 grandchildren. But no it appears she was in a hurry to call my mom and talk to her and then immediately call my dad and talk to him. 

Size of baby: Tangerine, 2.5-3 inches

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  4.2 lb loss overall but a 1.8 lb gain from Week 12.  I was up a little more then I go one day without drinking a ton of juice and my weight was back down again the next day.

Maternity Clothes: No but some of my jeans don't fit after I eat.  I don't get dressed much so it's hard to tell. Yoga pants are still just as comfortable as before. My t-shirts from elementary school that I wear all the time still fit the same.

Sleep: I'm still waking up in the night. I don't seem to wake up as much to go to the bathroom. I still go to sleep insanely early for me and wake up insanely early. Never in my life did I wake up at 6am without an alarm but now I do often.

What I miss: Working out without getting lightheaded or working out in general. Pepperoni in my salad.

Cravings: Nothing yet.

Aversions: Nothing really

Symptoms: Nothing new.  The main one now is lightheadedness. That is almost all gone too. I did get some headaches but nothing major.
Already mentioned but still going on: Thirstier, sense of smell, lightheaded, nauseous.

Best moment this week: I really enjoyed the ultrasound and telling people.


Looking forward to: Talking with more people about the pregnancy.  Posting things on my blog. The ultrasound on August 3 where we will find out if it's a boy or a girl.


Exercise: Nothing :(

 I made a second collage finally with some pictures I took more zoomed in.

4 comments:

  1. The ultrasound has been my favorite part so far too. We have our gender scan on July 24th, I am anxious about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little baby you have!

    ReplyDelete