Sunday, July 21, 2013

17 Weeks (July 20)

On Wednesday, I had a doctor appointment at 8:15. It was with a Physician's Assistant since my normal doctor is on vacation.  She ran a bit late. I spent about 3 minutes with her and that was it. I was able to just make a train but not a bullet train so I was an hour and 40 minutes late for class.   The heart beat was 156. They commented that it was good I gained 5 lbs but they weighed me with my jacket on.  So my doctor will be back from vacation and they want me to go back in 4 weeks. But my doctor only has appointments from 10:10 - 3:50. So that sucks a lot. I have a 2 hour commute to get to class or from class. I wouldn't go to class then leave then come back after an appointment or I'd be traveling for 8 hours in one day.  I didn't make my next appointment while I was there. I need to figure out the best day that I can miss a ton of class and have it not matter as much. It'll matter missing everyday. Also sometimes the doctor runs super late. Then these appointments are only a couple minutes long. It just annoys me. I asked about weekend or evening appointments but was just told about my doctor. There are 16 doctors in the practice. I wonder if others have better hours.  I even asked if I could come back in 5 weeks versus 4 and the receptionist gave me some lip about how they really want it at 4. Since my doctor was out the week before Dev Bootcamp I couldn't go then so basically they'd want me to have 3 appointments during the 9 week class. I'm not doing that. I'm going to time at least one of them to 5 weeks.  My blood pressure was either 120/60 or 130/60 and I was told that was good. (There is the conflict because I remember 120 but when I tried to quickly text it to Dave I seem to have typed 130. I think a typo is more likely than not remembering numbers.

I've been so busy with Dev Bootcamp that I've gotten about 6 hours of sleep a night. I did sleep on the train a few times but not even the entire time.

The week 17 picture was taken before dinner. I was actually surprised I looked bigger than previous weeks since they were mostly taken after I ate.

Size of baby: Onion, 4.5 - 5 inches long

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  0.6 lb loss overall. I also lost .1 in the past week.  That is just using the Saturday weight. On Friday and Sunday I was higher. 

Maternity Clothes:  New clothes arrived in the mail. I have 3 pairs of maternity jeans. 2 of which basically fall  down. I feel like I'm sagging all day. But I can't really wear my non-maternity jeans because we have so much sitting on the ground in these chairs that are weird so that your butt is on a little cushion and your feet are flat on the ground with your knees in the air. (I should take a picture to simulate because I fear I cannot describe this.) And with that positioning it would make sort of tight jeans extra tight. And as it is, my butt either goes numb or falls asleep each time I'm on them. (We meet 2-4 times a day in them.)  I also feel because of this even if I would want to wear skirts to travel and deal with the SF cold, I couldn't sit on the floor with them. I have so many skirts that still fit and will continue to fit.  I got more maternity clothes in the mail. Some new and some used. I haven't posted links to all my maternity clothes yet. (The cobalt jeans fit good but the coral ones are loose. I am glad I found a pair of regular color maternity jeans at Macy's when I was there even though they are huge. My other jeans that are en route won't arrive until July 23. They will also be huge. Too bad these jeans don't have belt loops so I could hold them up until I get fatter.  I do like that the Asos jeans have belt loops in the back for tugging them back up all day.  I wish the smaller Asos jeans would go up over my ankle because that would help. Then they might fit at the top.  I still have to figure out how to return the 2 pairs of pants in the size too small.)
Plus same reasoning as last week: Since I bought maternity clothes I started to wear the shirts even though I didn't need them yet. Maybe I can get my cost per wear down so I started wearing them earlier. 

Gender: We will find out on August 3.

Movement: Not yet.

Sleep: My lack of sleep is not baby related. I'm so exhausted this past week. I slept about 6 hours a night with adjusting to Dev Bootcamp and 4 hours traveling a day!

What I miss: Lunch meat. Mainly because lunch was provided to us on Monday and it was hoagies and almost all had lunch meat. 


Cravings: Nothing yet.  When do these usually start?

Aversions: Nothing really


Symptoms: I've been too busy to have many symptoms. I do think my allergies are worse. Also i still get lightheaded at times and I'm really weak. It's tough work getting my container of food down from the top of a refrigerator. There are 4 containers on top of the fridge. The heaviest one is usually on top so I can't grab 2 containers at once. I struggle to reach to the top. I can't reach as high. But then I struggle because that bin with multiple jars of peanut butter is just too heavy. Next time I'm going to request help. I just hope someone is in the kitchen and someone tall.

Best moment this week:  Baby Related: Hearing the heartbeat (156). Anything else related: starting Dev Bootcamp. (Dave said he can't remember a time he saw me so happy. Too bad I'm just so tired too.)


Looking forward to: Finding out the gender.


Exercise: Well in the past week I've a drastic increase in exercise. I've had to bike to and from the train station. I walk 2 blocks in the morning. Well a maybe 3 because it's a half block then 1 block down a steep hill then 1 block sort of level then 1/3 block up a super steep hill. Then up a flight of stairs. At the end of the day do it all with the addition of crossing an extra street. I maybe walk a block from the train station to the bus too.   Also we have mandatory yoga.  Let me say I do not like moving from down dog to anything. That's worse than loading the dishwasher for my lightheadedness. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised they don't have you meeting with the different doctors, because it's likely you will be dealing with the doctor on call when you go into labor and have the baby. I would ask them about that. I wonder why the receptionist is so nasty!

    I can't believe you're so close to finding out the gender! And you might be able to feel movement now. I know I was just starting to when I had my anatomy scan/ultrasound. But I wasn't sure at first if it was really movement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never called back to schedule the appointment. i might ask about another doctor. i don't know. just dealing with the lady makes me keep putting off calling. she might have just been having a bad day or something.

      I haven't felt movement yet but also haven't even been like lying still to even think about it.
      Last night I got "more" sleep at 6 hours 15 minutes. i haven't checked my bodymedia fit so maybe it was less.

      Delete