Saturday, December 14, 2013

38 Weeks (12.14)

On Sunday night we spent 2 hours trying to finish up the nursery. We aren't done. We still have things to hang up and the one shelf of crap to put away properly. I did move my non-maternity clothes out of the closet. I made room on the closet floor by taking out all the empty tote bags. I guess we'll put those in the garage. I have a lot of tote bags but don't like a lot of them. I use some for Stampin' Up stuff and others just sit around doing nothing.   We rehung some onesies. They look nicer than last week but there aren't as many up. Granted I didn't even display a picture last week of the 2nd row that was up on the wall. 

At my doctor appointment this week, I got asked if I have a lot of swelling since I gained 4 lbs since last week's appointment.  I got the results of my Step Group B test (negative).  I was asking some questions about the c-section and she said next week she'd print out instructions but then added she could print them this week. I asked her to do that. So now I have them. No eating 8 hours prior to the surgery and no water either. I'm going to be weak by the time I get to the hospital. I have a date/time picked but if anyone goes into labor earlier and thus has a c-section earlier, appointments may open up. I would rather earlier in the day even on a different day than a 5 PM surgery.  That late in the day leaves me to be super stressed all day and also fasting!

Brenna came over on Wednesday and we spent all day  making more onesies. Cutting out letters with an exacto knife take way way too long but then the finished product is nice.  She also came over on Friday but for a much shorter time period.

I'm way more mobile this week. Yet I didn't go for as many walks as I would have liked. I'm too busy trying to do little things that I want to get done prior to the baby's arrival.
Size of baby: Celery Bunch, 19.6 inches long from head to heel. My app on my phone says the baby weighs about 6.5-7 pounds.  The baby gains a half a lb a week. At the ultrasound this week, the weight is predicted at 6 lb 7 oz ± 15 oz. 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 40.1 lb gain overall. I gained 2.1  in the past week. It is funny because I feel a lot more mobile this week than last week.  I'm so swollen right now it's crazy.  I was a little swollen at the end of last week but I'm not sure if I was on Saturday.  I had to loosen my laces again so I know I'm more swollen than I have been.  See collage at the bottom of the post for a closeup of the ankles.


Maternity Clothes:  Same as previous weeks: Mostly. Some t-shirts and hoodies aren't maternity. I also sleep in my yoga pants that aren't maternity. I actually barely get dressed and my pajamas aren't maternity.  Some maternity shirts are too short and expose my belly because the pants aren't full panel pants that I wear.

Movement: Same ol' same ol'. She moves around. Her head will bob around but I try to get video of it and she stops. So I stop recording and put down my phone and then she's moving my entire belly again. Her back is to the left going around.  I did manage to get a video. I might have gotten more. (Ignore the sound in the background. I was watching lecture.)

Sleep:  My dreams are so crazy anymore. I breathe heavy when I sleep that Dave even recorded it one morning.  I woke up early today because my back hurt so bad. I feel like my bed is at an angle. When I sleep on my left side, I feel like I need pillows or something under my butt/back  and I feel like I'm about to topple over backwards. 

What I miss: somewhat the same: Exercising and running. Being able to stand for a long period of time without having to interrupt what I'm doing to go sit. Going many many hours in a row without going to the bathroom. 

Symptoms: My back gets sore. I go to the bathroom a lot.  I am swollen. I had to loosen the laces on my sneakers. My skin is redder. It's almost like it is sunburned and if you touch the skin you get little white marks from where you touched. I read about hands and feet being redder but this is also on my belly and face. I didn't actually analyze other parts of me. My back was so sore last night that I just got up for the day at 7:30 am.

Best moment this week: making more onesies especially some related to running.

Looking forward to: Getting everything set up so we are READY but I doubt we will actually be ready because the more I do the more other stuff I think of to do. 
Exercise:  I went for 1 walk. I did some shopping. I cleaned. I basically feel like I didn't do any exercise though.

4 comments:

  1. You mention your crazy dreams. Have you had any where you forget that you have a little baby at home, and go shopping, etc., then realize that you left the baby home alone? I used to have those kind all the time. Or I would dream that I'd forget to feed or change the baby for days and days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. I did have a dream a few months ago that I had a newborn and was doing laundry or something then lost the baby in the laundry basket. The baby then crawled away. I think at this point I was told I was having a girl but can't remember if in the dream it was a girl or a boy.

      The other day I had a dream I was holding a baby to my left side and breast feeding and woke up and poly was in the exact position except she was just using my chest as a pillow.

      Delete
  2. Ohhh the ankle swelling! I remember that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man can't believe I didn't include a pic of the swelling.

      So I was swollen about a week ago and measured and my ankle was 9 inches. Then Saturday night I was really swollen and measured and my ankle was 10.25 inches. I wonder what my ankle normally is.

      Delete