Saturday, December 21, 2013

39 Weeks (12.21)

This is a little odder update than it should be. There is no weekly photo. There is a baby but since this is for the week not just birth that will be a separate post. 

I spent more time making more onesies. It's fun. Well fun until you realize if you make something level based on where the arms end then it's crooked because the arms are crooked. I guess that's what I get for buying cheap onesies/t-shirts.

I had my doctor appointment on Wednesday. Dave couldn't go because he had to give training. When I scheduled it, I knew he couldn't go. The doctor was booked on Thursday and he was booked Wednesday. I forget about Friday but think Dave had a conflict for her opening too.  

I thought I noticed my first stretch mark this week but then looked later and couldn't find it. Granted I can't see the lower half of my belly so I might have stretch marks down there that I don't know about.

Last week Dave and I did some research on c-section surgeries and then I was curious what an incision might look like after. Dave found this vlog showing 1 week after surgery. It was interesting so I started looking at more of her videos. The one where she ends up with a c-section is rather interesting too. At one point the dad is face-timing and asks his mom if she wants to see the baby which of course she does so she shows the baby but the baby is breastfeeding at the time. I told Dave I'd kill him if he did that (to anyone). I guess this lady didn't care because it's also on her vlog, but I don't even lift up my shirt to show you my belly.

Size of baby: Mini Watermelon, 20 inches long from head to heel. My app on my phone says the baby weighs about 7.25 pounds.  The baby gains a half a lb a week. 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Based on my last available weight 40.9 lb weight gain

Maternity Clothes:  Same as previous weeks: Mostly. Some t-shirts and hoodies aren't maternity. I also sleep in my yoga pants that aren't maternity. I actually barely get dressed and my pajamas aren't maternity.  Some maternity shirts are too short and expose my belly because the pants aren't full panel pants that I wear.

Movement: Same ol' same ol'. She moves around. I enjoy all the movement because then I know she's still alive in there.

Sleep:  My back has been less sore because Dave sleeps in a way to prop me up. Granted then he wakes up and says his back is sore from holding me up.  Sometimes he turns over and isn't holding me up in the same way so I move closer to lean on him over there. Then later I notice Poly has so much room on the bed. She seems to enjoy it but still cuddles up against me.

What I miss: I miss running. I miss hoagies from Jersey Mike's. I miss being able to turn over in bed without breathing heavy or without it being a big ordeal.

Symptoms: I'm pretty swollen. Also I'm really warm. Sometimes I sleep with no covers, pull my pants legs up to my knees and lift up my shirt to expose my belly. And I'm still too hot.


Looking forward to: Can the baby get here already? (kind of ironic)

No comments:

Post a Comment