Friday, December 13, 2013

Shopping (12.3.13 and 12.7.13)

I did a little shopping at Target.  I texted Dave asking if I should buy the red maternity dress for $4.24. At first I was just trying it on for the price but then thought about his Christmas party and how it'd be nice to wear something besides the only other maternity dress I own. Dave said I looked ginormous.
I bought 2 dresses and a shirt on December 3. Then I went to a different Target and bought boots in a bigger size on December 7.  The red dress was 4.24.  It was on clearance.  The other dress was 6.04. I couldn't try it on since it is not maternity but I really liked it so figured I'd hope for the best. It might be too small. It's hard to remember what size I used to be.  I bought a tank top that is a nursing tank because it was on clearance for 5.08. The picture I took of it was blurry but it's not really anything to write home about.  I think the clearance deals were quite nice.
Everything I bought on 12/3 was on clearance. The boots were full price. They are better than my current boots but still aren't 100% what I wanted. They were $39.99 and I got a size 10. In the photos above I was trying on a size 9 and they were slightly tight.  Too bad the 10 is slightly bigger in the calves and ankles. Yay I finally have some black boots that won't kill the ball of my foot.  I was looking at some booties but the largest size was 8 or 9 in all of them and then when I went to the other Target I was with Dave and he was impatient so I didn't mess around looking.

The boots probably won't last that long but $40 isn't that bad of a price. But the rest of my deals are so awesome, I'm excited. I hope the non-maternity dress fits.

Have you gotten any good deals lately? Where were they from?

6 comments:

  1. I think you're going to get lots of comments when you wear that red dress. It just really highlights your belly. Which isn't a bad thing! I actually like it and think it's cute on you. I just realized I think those exact boots were 18.99 on black friday. I wanted to buy them but they were only in black and I needed brown. I already own a decent pair of black boots. Still you did well with the other clearance stuff. I love it when I can find a great item for real cheap at Target.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh I hate not getting deals. I did have to go to 2 stores to even get my size. I'm also disappointed about the booties because there were 2 really cute pairs I would have at least liked to try on. Also boots were buy one get one 50% off but by the time I made it to the other store they were not. I still want cognac boots of some sort but don't have a need for them until I can fit into skinny jeans AND learn how to match.

      I really like that the dress shows off the belly. It somehow makes me feel way less fat than some stuff that just looks like a tent. I'm glad you like it.

      Delete
  2. Jealous of the boots!

    I haven't done much clothes shopping lately. The one thing I did get was $50 off the tablet I bought. Can't wait to get it tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Dave got $50 off a ipad but I forget. Before we went shopping he said he was thinking of getting me a new ipad. I said I didn't need one. So then he bought a new one for him. Ha. But days/weeks later he decided to give me his old ipad so now I have 2. They are sitting one on top the other on my night stand. Probably should put one somewhere else so I actually use it.

      Dave buys himself so much stuff then wonders why I don't go out of my way to find cool Christmas gifts for him. He even ordered an xbox this week (not here yet). I bought these clothes but I wouldn't even spend 99 cents on an app I use daily so that I wouldn't get ads. He did the other night though and now I lost all my streaks and records and how many games I played. Ugh. It is weird without adds

      Delete
    2. I have an iPad but it's first gen and doesn't do what I want. I got a Windows tablet (shhh don't tell anyone) with a keyboard docking station/cover. It's kind of a laptop replacement.

      John is so hard to buy for! I got him a super expensive fancy monitor with really high resolution. He loves it, but it was expensive and a difficult decision.

      Delete
    3. Dave spent like $2k on himself the past month. He does this every year. But especially this year we can't afford that plus a million "good" gifts. He said he bought me things but I don't buy myself a ton of stuff around now.

      Delete