Friday, January 5, 2018

2017 Exercise Goals - How I did

For 2017, I posted about some exercise goals. Here's how I did to the best of my knowledge since I did a bad job keeping track as the year went on:
  1. run 212 miles (that's 12 miles this month and slowly increasing) with a reach goal of 253 miles = 35.27 miles (My knee was bad almost the entire year. Moving didn't help. The weather didn't help. This is sad. If you use mapmyrun data instead of my garmin data it's at least 4 Miles further)
  2. lift weights 52 times (that's 1/week) = >75  (going by memory 9 + 36 + 8 + 7 + 15)
  3. do workout videos 52 times (that's 1x week but more than likely it will be no videos for months then 3-5 / week then none for awhile) = >86 (I did most of these the 2nd half of the year. I mean all the 86 were since July but I did so some videos earlier but it's too much trouble to go back and try to figure it out.
  4. Exercise in some form 208 times (that's 4x/week) = >140 (I didn't really document this but based on fitbit I see I have 126 there then recently I know when I worked out so I could add some in and got to at least 140)
I'm shocked I did that much with my knee injury and all.

Random other goals related to exercise
  1. Have a photo shoot while running = sort of by propping my phone up. Still want a real one.
  2. Have a photo shoot while doing various forms of exercise = I've taken many workout videos and can screen shot them for poses
  3. Combine random exercise files/videos to one spot on my computer = didn't even start anything
I still want to do something with the videos. Also I want a real camera used to take some pics of me. But it's still a win.

For inspiring others, I plan to
  1. Run 6 free challenges = 2 (Core, Squat) 
  2. Run 2 month long challenge groups = 5  March, August, September, October, November, December (at least. I can't remember if I ran any in January or February) 
  3. Teach a bootcamp class at least 4 times = 0 (My knee was not good enough and then I moved.)
For inspiring others I only made 1 of the 3 but I went above and beyond on that one so I actually consider this a win. I'd like to get back to teaching a bootcamp but not sure how to do it here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment