Sunday, August 19, 2018

7.28.18

I spent the day trying to clean for house guests.  It's not just cleaning the old mess or unpacking the old mess but the kids kept making a huge mess playing while I was busy cleaning.



I needed to make progress on this mess so we could eat here.  This isn't even a true before picture.


Miles and Ella liked looking at Ella's old photo book.

I did it.
The kitchen still needed work.
Then I had to get Miles to nap. That took forever.

Ella interrupted us and delayed us too. And Miles had to hold his lawn mower.


Ella wanted to take a bath with her swimsuit on.

The ribs caused a little too much smoke.

One of the racks of ribs broke off the hook and fell in the coals.   

Then later the 3rd rack fell. The third rack was even worse because we couldn't even see it to lift it up. We had to pour water to get rid of the smoke to find it. It was pretty ruined.
Progress
Miles was read.  They were late. He wanted to eat.   Dave ate 5 ribs or more while he was cutting them.


Miles kept checking if they were coming.
Finally it was time to eat!








After eating the kids played a ton. We played outside and inside. I barely took any pictures.

We sent them home with leftovers.  We kept some too. (We didn't eat any we kept though. oops)

I thought it went pretty well. I spent the entire day cleaning and didn't really cook. Dave spent some of the day cooking. I also handled the kids.  It worked way better than when I try to cook and clean and handle the kids.  Especially because food had to go in the oven and get prepped when I was getting Miles to nap. I can't very well do the prep while I'm sitting with Miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment