Friday, August 17, 2018

Tot Trot (7.29.18)


I organized a Tot Trot for the moms group and cross posted it in the other mom's group and emailed some preschool friends about it. I ran it with Stephanie.  It would have gone smoother without spending time making a balloon arch or with an additional volunteer. I guess we learned for next time.

Overall 28 kids ran it. We had a few no shows and a few cancel prior to race day.   I'm surprised we had so many.  If we wouldn't have had any cancellations or no shows we would have had close to 40 kids. That's a lot!

The balloon arch was such a cool addition. I realized after I forgot to actually use tape for a start/finish line.  I need to take some notes to make it go smoother next time.

Everyone ran almost a quarter mile. Then a little later ran a 30 yard dash.

All finishers got a medal.  Then they got a sticker for finishing the shorter race.  Ella put her sticker on her medal.

Stephanie's husband, Bruce, took a ton of awesome pictures.  I feel like all the pictures make the race even better. Everyone loves to look back after.  This was some kids first race and some have run a few before.

Ella has a fit prior to the race and didn't run it. Then once it was over, I ran it with her along with Lottie and Liam. She did so well with just the 4 of us. I wish she would have actually run with everyone else though.

Most of the research was spent finding alternatives for the medal and what kind of cool sticker to give out for the 2nd race.  We provided water, gatorade, bananas, granola bars, and bagels after the race.
I had trouble getting Ella and Miles actually in the photo booth.  They also kept standing too close to me.
I had asked Dave where he parked his bike. I said I never saw it. But here it is in the background of the picture.
Here everyone is at the start. The boy in front, I asked to lead the race. He's a little older and then I knew everyone would stay on the appropriate route. He really enjoyed helping.



Here is Miles finishing the race. I carried him for a little over half then he ran holding my hand. Right before the finish, I tried to let go so he could go under the balloons. He did not like that.












I cropped a big picture that showed Miles and Ella running the short race. We weren't particular and little kids could run by being held. :) 
The arch worked so much better when some people held it up. 


Here's a video of the instatories I posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment