Sunday, December 23, 2012

Week 3 of Half Marathon Training (12.17-12.23)

Previous Summaries
Planned Mileage: 2, 5, 2, 8 (for a total of 17 miles)

Monday and Tuesday: I'm pretty sure I did nothing.

Wednesday:  I went for an easy 2 mile run. Well I ran the same loop I ran last week (2.33 miles) but this time I wanted an extra couple tenths so I ran past my apartment door a tad and ran back.

Thursday and Friday: I'm pretty sure I did nothing. (Now most people can claim they are busy doing holiday things and getting ready but I'm not doing that.)

Saturday: I didn't exercise but I did shop at 3 different grocery stores and that took a few hours.

Sunday: I went to the gym with Dave. I ran 2 miles on the treadmill then did abs.  I was going to workout more and lift weights for arms but Dave was tuckered so we cut it short. Plus I was exhausted from the tough treadmill run. I needed my inhaler when I got back.

I started out running at 6.6 mph and each minute I increased it by .2 until I got to 8.2 then I went back down. (Well really I kept increasing until I hit 1 mile then I finished that minute and went back down.)  It was a really tough workout for me. Once I hit 7.8 mph and I had to keep going up. Then on the way down the recovery was hard so even 7.4 felt fast.  I have done this same workout before but I was in much better shape.  After I was done with abs I realized I brought my camera and didn't have Dave take my picture. He took 2 and I ran an additional .05. My red broken camera was way better at taking pictures of someone running. This one sucked.

Total Mileage: 4.4 mi
Total other things: 1 core routine, a few walks

Summary: So ever since I started "training" my mileage has drastically gone down. I suck.

4 comments:

  1. Don't say you suck cause what you did is better than doing nothing at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is better than nothing but it is nowhere near as good as I should have done and I have no excuses because I'm not busy with Christmas prep.

      Delete
  2. What happened to the red camera? how did the pictures turn out?

    And that workout might be harder than it used to be but you'll get back into it. I know it's hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back in August or September it started overheating. Then it got worse and worse that it'd only last 1 picture if that. It was probably still under warranty at the time but we did nothing.

      Here's the picture. But the main problem was it took almost a minute to get it to even take the picture.

      Delete