Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Week 16 of Half Marathon Training (4.1-4.7)

Previous Summaries
Planned Mileage: 3, 3, 4, 13.1 (for a total of 23.1 miles) 

Monday: I took a rest day.

Tuesday: I took another rest day.
Wednesday: I went running with Hilary. We ran an easy 3 miles. Well that's what we set out to do but then we were running too fast. Hilary tends to do that. My plantar fasciitis was bothering me so we decided to do 3 miles instead of 4. I didn't tell her my toe was bothering me too. When we were at the traffic light waiting for the walk sign near the end of the run, I got lightheaded. 

Thursday: I had another rest day.

Friday:  I rested yet again. 

Saturday: I took another rest day.

Sunday:  I ran my half marathon.  Then I walked about a mile or so. (My Garmin said 13.06 but it was 13.1 on other people's Garmin's so I'm using that for mileage total.)

Total Running Mileage: 16.21 mi 
Total Biking Mileage: 0 mi (sad times)
Total other things: 1 walk


Summary: I was a big slacker. I wasn't a slacker because I was lazy. Well maybe because I was partly lazy. I rested a lot because my plantar fasciitis is bad. My foot is very swollen from that.  In addition to that, my left pinky toe is constantly painful. I wanted to be able to make it through my race as best as possible. 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing the half marathon - based on your posts to date, it must have been a real struggle. Is rest the only thing to help with the fasciitis, or can anti-inflammatories help as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rest, exercises, anti-inflammatories are all supposed to help plantar fasciitis. My dilemma now is that I need to wear my shoes with custom orthotics for my arches to help make plantar fasciitis better but I can't actually wear the shoes because of the pressure it puts on my toe. So I can't seem to win.

      Delete