Thursday, September 22, 2016

Predictions Comparison

Now that Miles is here, I thought I'd take a look at my predictions and see how wrong I was with everything.

When will baby arrive?
My prediction: I have been thinking for a long time that he would be born on August 28. He was measuring ahead for awhile but now is back on track. Ella was 8 days early. He is currently due on September 4.

Reality: He was born on September 10. That's 13 days later if I can count. I was really far off! I definitely didn't even think I'd go to my due date yet alone 6 days later!

How long will labor be? 
My prediction: I'm guessing less than 3 hours and stressed about this.

Reality: My very first contraction was at 8:50 AM and Miles was born at 6:29 PM. That's 9 hours and 49 minutes. Way off from my prediction. I also didn't predict early labor/Braxton Hicks twice over a week before he actually came.

What will labor be like? 
My prediction: I'm guessing things will be too similar to Ella, which is probably way off. I'm guessing my water will break and then labor will start almost right after. Then I will be at the hospital almost right away and be pretty far along.

Reality: I was 2 cm dilated 11 days before he was born. Then I was 3.5 cm dilated 10 days before he was born. Then 3 days before he was born I was 5 cm dilated. I didn't specifically mention this above but I didn't predict being dilated early and having the process be so slow.
Contractions started then hours later the doctor broke my water.  So that was wrong.  I was at the hospital almost right away after having the first contraction on the 10th so that part was pretty accurate. But then labor was not fast!

How big will baby be? 
My prediction: I predict baby will weigh just above 8 pounds, and be about 20.5 inches long.

Reality: Miles weighed in at 9 lbs 0 oz and 21.5 inches long. If he was early like I thought he'd be my weight would have probably been right on!

What will baby look like? 
My prediction: I'm guessing the baby will have brown hair and have some more hair than Ella did. I'm also guessing blue eyes like Ella even though neither Dave or I have blue eyes.

Reality: Miles had brown hair but less hair than Ella. He had gray eyes when born like babies do but I feel like they are turning blue gray as time goes on.
Dave's prediction or hope: Dave is hoping I go into labor a day Ella is at preschool and we get her dropped off before labor even starts. 

Reality: I went into labor on a Saturday! The time of day was pretty close to his prediction though.

My prediction: I am guessing I will go into labor in the middle of the night or after almost no sleep. I'm also guessing labor will start before things are ready enough at home. The hospital bag is packed but it is lacking. I have a present for Ella and she already found it but at least only pulled 1 thing out of it.

Reality: I did stay up late watching Netflix hoping little sleep would help me have labor like little sleep happened before Ella. Miles was so late that I think our bags were ready enough and his room was ready.
My prediction: I'm predicting a normal delivery even though I could have a c-section. I can't get induced from a previous c-section so at 41 weeks, I would be having a c-section. I don't anticipate going that long. I really am ready to quit being pregnant now!

Reality: I did have a VBAC but the doctors wanted to do a c-section multiple times throughout the labor. Also, we moved my original c-section date to give me more time to go into labor!

As you can see I was pretty much wrong on everything!

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad I was wrong about all my predictions too lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have predicted all the things I didn't want to happen. Like going late! Should have said let him cook long in me. Then maybe he'd have been early. Haha

      Delete