Thursday, September 3, 2020

5.17.18 Roadtrip Day 17

Dave’s alarm went off at 8.

I’m so tired. 

We both chilled in bed until 8:30. Then got dressed to get to breakfast… and it was not good. I cannot get my fitbit to charge :( 

8:40 both kids still asleep. 





8:50 I went down and settled on Cheerios. Then I went to the car to get dry shorts. 

9:10  I woke Miles up digging for my brush.  He had it last and I asked if he knows where it is. His response “I know” but cereal distracted him so he’s eating. 

9:26 I get up to get ready. 

9:38 hair and make-up are done.





10:42 Car loaded and on our way to Amarillo. 


McD’s   - It’s so salty. 


11:38 lady changed lanes and almost into us. With horn for over a minute and she never noticed.  


We checked out Vernon town.  It’s amazing. The little town. What places they have - farm equipment places, steam generators, deserted restaurants, motel with couch and grill in the parking lot. 


11:46 Stopped at little store to get pretzels. 


Semi carsick today. So not fun all the turning to the kids for various things. 







12:52 Super charger

Cleaned windshield at gas station


1:31 on road















3:29 hotel    cookies

Rest in hotel

Kids wanted apples at front desk (Well they wanted cookies but I said no.) 









4:42 to dinner 


traffic/construction




4:51 at dinner  - Torchy Tacos

Hard for me to decide what to get. Chips and queso is a huge hit with all 4 of us. My taco is good. Kids' hot dog was good. Dave got 3 things and they were good. 






6:11 Swim








We get out of the pool so I can go buy puddle jumpers and then back to the pool again.  I went to target at 7 pm . 

7:25 - back from target



















8:45 out of the pool


9:15 done with showers


Miles got so brave and then Ella with puddle jumpers was crazy. They had a blast our first time in the pool.  

“More splash” 

Miles even jumped in while holding hands. Miles liked “baby throw” 


Anne Margret, a 4 year old, had puddle jumpers (and nobody else in the pool with her) and made us want to get them for Ella. I also bought for Miles even though he’s not 30 lb yet.  They are speedo brand and slightly different but still work. 


Easy mac

Some snacks

Get ready for bed

Miles in crib at 10:45.  Ella looks so tired. 

Everyone fell asleep quick by 11:15







No comments:

Post a Comment