Friday, September 25, 2020

#mbfa

 After I did 2 rounds of muscle burns fat I did advanced. 

The workouts were a little bit longer. But they are more challenging. For the most part I like it but then some moves I just can't do. My hip won't let me do some moves on my right leg. My left shoulder doesn't like to support me for some stuff. Sit-ups are a little rough.  The workouts might be 10-15 minutes longer than the last program but that 10 minutes ends up being 20-40 minutes longer with all the interruptions. It's just too long for Liam. 

Instead of linking each video, I just made a youtube playlist


Here's Day 1.  I tended to caption the workouts more on the instastories for the day.
Day 1 - I upped my weights before the last set twice. Balance is hard work. #mbfa is so much harder than #mbf.

Day 2 - wow this is no joke. It is so tough. I had to stop the workout before I was done because Liam was awake and I had to do a televisit with the doctor.  I did the AMRAP with Liam around. He is crying and making it difficult. Lateral jump is hard when adding 25 lb. I just wanted to get through 4 minutes except I realized it was 6 minutes. Liam knocked over some stuff.  I made it 2.5 minutes. I attempted again and used a cookie to distract Liam. Adding 2 minutes seems so much harder. It's also more boring. I also have more trouble keeping track of how many I did.  Having a Megan Minute was pretty tough.

Day 3. It wasn't so bad but tricep push-ups are hard. The entire workout isn't on video. 

Day 4 - Ella joined me for a lot of the workout. The core work was tough. On the AMRAP I forgot how to do the skipping lunge. I couldn't believe how I couldn't figure out how to do the skip but during the workout I did fine.  I almost finished 13 rounds. It was so close. 

Day 5 - (9/5) Dave took the kids for a walk. I got right to my workout. I liked it. They came back with minutes left in the workout.

Day 6 - I had to get everyone to bed before I got to my workout. I hate late at night workouts. I get too pumped up. It was an intense 25 minute workout.

Day 7 I had to do Day 7 on Friday because my hip was so so so so so bad from PT. I definitely couldn' stretch as much as I thought I would be able to. Ella also joined me for most of it. 

Day 8 (9/7) Liam woke up before I was done. I didn't stretch before I went to Liam and my legs were cramping in his chair.  I finished and then did 1 exercise they told me to do at PT.

Day 9 - I improved my AMRAP from 6.8 to 8.2. I still have to modify the first move since I cant jump lunge. I cannot wait until my hip is better. 

Day 10 - I increased my weights. I felt so strong after the workout. I got Liam to nap and tried to do my 37 min workout.  It took me 62 min to complete it. Ella 

Day 11 - It took me a few hours to even start my workout. For the most part the kids left me alone. It only took me 40 minutes to complete the 37 minute workout. During the week, it has taken me over an hour and a half and sometimes I have had to stop and come back hours later.  I did not have to modify the move jumping from 1 foot to 2 feet to back to 1 foot. Last time I had to modify if I was landing solo on my right foot.  I don't stop between every round to mark it down like she says. But when I did stop, the round right after it was actually faster. I'm glad after this week we will be done with the side sit-throughs. I just can't do those with the pressure on my shoulder.  I beat last week's AMRAP. 

Day 12 I used the ipad as the baby monitor so I was sure it worked. Miles joined me and then made us workout more after. 

Day 13. I was short on time so I did it early. 12 minute shorter workout was needed. Wow was a lot of it hard. I had to modify because of my shoulder and hip. I couldn't jump for lunges, I stepped and still did them all. I couldn't support enough weight on my left shoulder for the side sit-throughs. I stepped on the burpee and did the loaded beast push-up on my knees. It seems like I had to modify a lot with this workout. As Megan always says modifying isn't less than but it still feels like it. Maybe some day I'll do this again when I don't have injuries.  My left shoulder has been bothering me a month but it's not that bad. My hip is getting a lot better.

Day 14 (I did Day 14 early since it was already 9:30 PM on Friday. I didn't want to get super sweaty and wound up. Also earlier in the day I wasn't feeling well from the smoke smell.) I really don't like the recovery day workout for mbfa. The one from mbf was so amazing for me that I had really high standards. The mbf was the best recovery workout from any workout program I ever did. It really helped my injury and problem areas instead of just doing it to check off a box. 

Day 15 - I did it 1 day late because PT did a number on my hip. I still had some issues when I did it. My hip is bruised from her massage.  It was hard to balance on my right leg because of my hip and the balancing on my left was a lot better.  My back was dripping sweat when the workout was over.  The 40 minute workout only took 44 minutes. That's so minimal for delays compared to normal. 

Day 16 - I opened the sliding glass door for fresh air since the air finally wasn't smoky. Ella did a bunch of the workout with me. The 37 minute workout took me 1:10 to complete!

Day 17 - I went to workout and Liam woke so I turned it off and then Liam fell asleep again. But then he woke up in the middle of the warmup so I stopped.  The he went to sleep. I started. Ella messed up my recording. He woke up. Then I finished my workout. I did upper body since I already did leg stuff at PT.  Liam played with the fan. Tricep push-ups were so hard. 

Day 18 - My hip hurt so bad when I was about to start the workout. I took Advil and delayed starting. I modified half the jumping moves since Colleen at PT told me not to do jumping yet. By the end of the workout I felt pretty good. 

Day 19 - I started my workout and Liam woke up.I finished it 8 hours later when the kids were in bed. 

Day 20 -  She made the moves harder but I couldn't do them with my shoulder or hip so then I ended up modifying to easier than they were in the past. the loaded burpee push-ups were ridiculous. 

Day 21. I did the recovery a few days late. I really was not a fan of this recovery. I just dreaded doing it but didn't want to skip. I liked #mbf recovery so much better. 

I didn't do the workouts in order. 

No comments:

Post a Comment