Monday, July 18, 2011

7.14 - Patio, Deck Party

Outfit 1: Work
Skirt: F21
Shirt: Loft (outlet)
Necklace: F21
Shoes: Macy's
Outfit 2: Deck Part at my parents
Shirt and Skirt: Express
Shoes: Kohl's

I was at work until the patio guy called. I headed home to meet with him. We went over what we were getting.  Finally. We decided to go with him in April.  There has been a lot of lack of communication but finally he's started.  Not only did he have my wrong email address when trying to email me the estimate the first time, bu the also listed our phone number wrong on the estimate so when he tried to call me earlier this week, I never got the messages.  
Starting the patio only ended up being dropping off the bobcat but at least it was started.
I made tuna noodle casserole for dinner. I got back to working while it was cooking.   Then we ate. I followed the same recipe I used last time but this time it turned out much dryer.  Perhaps I'll just wing it like I usually do. Last time it turned out so well that I wrote down what I did.
After dinner, I had to leave to head to my parents deck party. Poly sure was cute and was hard to leave.

At my parents, we sat on the deck, drank frozen drinks, and ate some snacks.  It was nice.  Their new deck is nice. It is bigger than the old one. I think they used it more in the past few weeks since they got it than they did their old deck they had for over 20 years. I got really tired though.  Finally around midnight I went to sleep. I spent the night at my parents as I planned. The plan was to telecommute Friday so I could easily go to their deck party .

4 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! I am sure you will be happy to have that space outdoors. I know what you mean abou contractors. We have been lucky and have only delt with friends or relatives of friends up to this point and I can trust them.
    -Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew more people that were contractors just so I was sure about their work and trusting them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never hired a contractor myself, but from all the stories I've heard, it sounds like one of those situations that demands a lot of patience. Looks like the work is off to a good start. I'm sure it will turn out great!

    You wear skirts so frequently and with such ease! It has put me to shame, and you inspired me to wear one to work today. I have a lot of skirts, and over the past year, I've been trying to make myself wear them more frequently, but somehow it's still an effort. I like them, but still fall back on trousers by default.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is such hard working getting a contractor. It is hard to get them to call you back the first time. Then you might get an estimate or that might be tough. Then the communication later is awful too.

    ReplyDelete