Sunday, July 10, 2011

7.7 - Busy

I had an important meeting so went with something nicer that still fits.
Dress: NY&Co.
Cardigan: Express
Shoes: The Shoe Dept.
Necklace: Sears or Target
Earrings: Target

The skirt, cardigan, and shoes are old. The newest is over 2 years old. The shoes are the oldest at a little over 6 years old. They are black with a kitten heel and a little bow... the grass doesn't show them off well.

I really should go for some variety with this dress. I wear it with the same black cardigan each time. The only variety is my shoes, hair and jewelry. Last time I wore it, I wore my hair up.  I got a compliment on my dress. It was also more than just a compliment; it was about 2 minutes of telling me how nice it is and asking questions about it.

Chipmunk = why I took my picture in the backyard
My day was so busy it was insane. It was really nice to have a comfortable dress on so I wasn't worry about eating my lunch and then having my pants not fit me.
I had a ton of work to do at work but didn't feel like staying late to do it all. I was just totally drained. I figured since most of the work that I had left was actually someone else's that I was doing because she was out on vacation that I shouldn't kill myself to get it done.
I picked up Pizza Hut on the way home. We had some banana cream pie for dessert. It was interesting to see how the pie filling just spread out over the two missing pieces of pie.  Poly hung out with me while I watched TV. She actually caused me to watch more TV than I wanted to. We watched Pawn Stars. I love that show. We recently discovered it is on Netflix and we are glued to watching it.

2 comments:

  1. That is a really great dress, it fits you perfectly and it's so fun! You could wear a colored cardigan with it. :)

    Hope you had a great weekend

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first glance of that collage picture, I thought your leg was the arm of a chair or something (from the way Poly was laying on it), and wondered how the heck you found a dress that looked exactly like your furniture.

    ReplyDelete