Saturday, July 23, 2011

5k - Rube's Run


Brie came and took a ton of  pictures at my race. I made a video with some of the photos. (She took 357!)


It was extremely hot, but I also thought that last year. I think it was worse but who knows. Last year I slept 3 hours the night before. This year I slept 8.  The course was the same as last year.  I wore the same shirt as last year too.   I think the weather was worse because the race director even commented that we all looked like death out there and he asked what happened.  I noticed the winners' times were slower than last year. 

I had a new record for number of spectators today. My old record was 4. Today there were 6... too bad I couldn't have done better.   My arms felt tingly after the first .25 miles so the rest was a bit rough.   The 5k split I had a week ago was only slightly slower and I was running a full 5 miles that day and talking while I was running.
My first .25 was 1:37 and that has got to be a record for me.  Also I don't think I've had a split of 2:28 at a race since my first year and I had that too.

The more I try to run lately in this humidity the more I think I have already peaked and it is all down hill from here.

I want to improve my time and it keeps getting worse. Any suggestions are welcome!

My official time was 27:40.

No comments:

Post a Comment