Saturday, July 16, 2011

7.16 - Run (Awful)

Last night, I told myself that I would run first this this morning. I had 2 rest days in a row and knew if I didn't run first thing, I wouldn't do it.  I wouldn't let myself even touch my computer before leaving.  I did end up going first thing, but I also hit snooze for about an hour so then it was much warmer outside. 

I asked Dave where I should run and he gave me and out and back path but then said if I felt up to it, I could make it a loop. Well I always like loops better than out and back but somehow I didn't realize I would be out in the sun, running more hills, and running further with the loop he gave me. I wore my new sunglasses while I was running; They weren't bad. 

I did not run fast. I started slow and figured I'd just stay slow but then later I couldn't even go faster if I wanted to. When I was so very close to home, I just couldn't push myself to run up the hill. I was trying and then my arms got all tingly. I pushed some more. Then I BROKE DOWN and decided to WALK. I shook my head at myself. I just had to make it 5 more minutes.  Then I thought I would only walk 0.1 mi but I missed that. So then I went for .15. I still missed that. I was so close. Then I ran. The last bit was at 10:17 pace. It also involved hills. I guess it wasn't all bad.  I can't believe I walked. I haven't walked on a run besides a few long runs at North Park and mostly I didn't walk on those either.  

Once I got home, I paced all around to bring my heart rate down. I drank water. I talked to Dave but kept my distance since I was so sweaty. 
Overall, it was an alright run. I not only have never run that loop before but I've never even driven on Valencia road before. There is a small auto body shop that does car inspections less than 1.5 miles from my house. There is a wood recycling place. There are lots of hills.  The downhill on Valencia Road was way less fun than I thought it would be; I got a side cramp that lasted the entire hill.  Valencia Road had some nice smelling flowers.   Bakerstown-Warrendale Road had a lot of traffic.  I ran over a bridge that was there to connect 2 hills. I had never done that before.  There were railroad tracks down in the valley. I had issues running and looking. I also had issues looking and being afraid of heights. 
Shorts: Saucony - TJ Maxx
Tank: Xhilaration (Sleepwear) - Target- never wore before.
Shoes: Brooks
Sun glasses: Target (forget the brand) - purchased yesterday
At least I got some miles in.  I will be running tomorrow morning at 7:30 AM. I definitely need to run faster. I'm going to run with someone I never ran with before. She hasn't been running a lot lately but the last time she didn't run for a long time and went out and ran, she did 7 miles at 9 min mile pace.
I weighed 134 this morning. After the run and after drinking water, I weighed 132.4.

OK maybe the title shouldn't be "Awful" because the run was better than awful. It was worse than great though.

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't look too awful to me! Even bad runs are good because you did them. What program do you use to keep track of your runs? I love the data

    ReplyDelete
  2. The screen shots are from my garmin 110. The tables of data are from excel. I copied and pasted the data from the Garmin and then added it up. I get splits every .25 on the Garmin so I have to add myself (aka in excel). And I hit split when I walked and then hit split again later to get the mile split to be able to work. I can show you some of my spreadsheets if you want. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete