Friday, July 15, 2011

Friend Friday: Labels

Katy created questions this week about labels.
1. As a someone who writes/blogs about fashion, have you placed yourself into some sort of blogging category?
I don't think. I always think about this. I write about fashion. I also write about my day. I also write about running and my exercise.  I often think how I don't fit into a specific category and that if people are looking for a blog for one specific category they will be scared off because of the other things I write about that they don't want to hear.

2. What keeps you from or encourages you to label yourself as a certain kind of blogger?
I don't want to stop writing about certain things so that keeps me from having a specific label. (I guess.)

3. When picking blogs to read and follow are you drawn to ones that indicate a certain group or way of  thinking/being? Well I find it easier to find and follow fashion blogs. I wish I had more running blogs to follow. I also sometimes randomly find a blog that writes about a lot of different stuff and I follow them.  My google reader has about 20x the amount that I can actually read but I don't want to get rid of anyone because I always hope I will have time at some point or other.  I don't even know if specifically what I follow are fashion blogs. I mean they post about clothes as one aspect of what they do.

4. Do you think there are benefits in labeling yourself or others?
I think the benefits are more readers. But I could be totally wrong.  But then sometimes I feel like  I'd rather have 10 good readers than 1000 readers that really just skim pictures and don't communicate.

5. Agree or Disagree - We're all just people; we don't need all the labels.
Agree. We don't need labels. Also I don't even know how to label people half the time.   My blog is named Scrap and Run and that practically labels my blog... but it does so incorrectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment