Monday, July 25, 2011

7.21 - Busy Thursday

I had a completed patio so why not take daily photos the first day possible.
Pants: Gap
Shirt: NY&Co
Cardigan: Kohl's
Shoes: Aldo
Necklace: Filene's basement.

I had issues with what to wear with these pants because I kept thinking my red shirt with the white cardigan but I didn't want to be so patriotic.  I settled on a light blue after a lot of staring at my closet.  What do you normally wear with navy pants?

My white shoes are slingbacks and I couldn't handle my pant leg going under my heel so after 10 seconds I changed into my bone shoes. It is the first time I wore white and bone together.
I said there wouldn't be any more surprises but I walked outside and turned around and saw the steps for the first time. They are pretty nice.

After work, I drove home to load up the car for the Stampin' Up party. I had to put a 6 foot table in the car plus all the Stampin' Up supplies for the party. It was about 98 degrees so I was all sweaty from doing this. Then I drove to Mel's and we had to unload it all. It was a workout because it was so hot.  I do not like the heat.  Then Mel's house was warm and she kept complaining about the A/C not working properly.   We were standing around talking for awhile and at one point, I stepped backwards and my foot went into the vent cover like it has done at home before.  I had to take the grate out of the floor just to get my shoe out. That added a little excitement.
Then there were 9 people plus me for the party.  I thought there would have been 12 but someone had to leave early and left before we even got started making cards. Then someone else got stuck at work late.  Don't you hate it when work gets in the way?
1 of the 3 cards everyone made
I think the party was a success in that everyone handled making the cards and everyone seemed to have fun.
By the time the party was over, I had to load up the car. This time I also had a 4ft table and 4 folding chairs to load in the car. It was far too hot and I was all sweaty after this.  I got home and then had to unload it all. That was also not fun.  I then showered.  I went to bed slightly after.
It was a busy day.  It was about 11pm by the time I got the car unloaded.

1 comment:

  1. That does sound like a busy day, but fun with making the cards!

    I'm not a huge fan of navy, so I can't offer any help there. Though I have seen some bloggers wear pink with it and I like that.