Saturday, October 15, 2011

1.55 mile run (10.14)

This week hasn't been so good with running. On Thursday, I ran 1.5 miles on a treadmill and then went to the elliptical. Then on Friday, I was going to run 9 miles, then changed it to 4.5, then didn't do that.  I ran out of time before dark so I had to cut it super short. I still went out because I have quantity of runs as an October workout goal so it helped me not skip all together. I still have the potential to meet my mileage goal for the week but the quantity is behind. I need to get more runs in. I even lowered the quantity goal from what I really wanted.

My feet hurt from shopping all day so I was going to take my run slow for a super short run. I was aiming for 9 minute mile pace. I played the game in my head if I beat 2:15 then I had those seconds banked for later. I kept adding all my banked seconds. Then at the end I thought I might beat 8:30 so I really pushed it the last little bit just to make sure I didn't almost beat 8:30. I beat it by a lot more than I thought. I didn't realize I sped up so much the last .4 or so.

It was very close to dark so I didn't want to do my normal run. I thought I would have time for 1.5 miles instead of the 2.5 mile loop. I was hoping I could get 2 miles in. At 1.5 miles, it was getting too close to dark so I stopped there.

I just skimmed through my data for all of 2011 and this is my fastest paced run even counting all the short runs. I guess that's something.

I can't believe I went so long after running on Saturday. That run left me feeling so confident and then I just stalled. I did workout in other ways but I stalled at running.  I've been told a few times over the past month that I was motivating to someone or part of their motivation. I don't know how that is the case. I never do everything I want to do. I don't run as much as I want. I never hit my goal times in races. I skip runs a lot and if I don't skip them 9 times out of 10 I run less than I wanted to.

Maybe I'll stop posting about my little runs and just post about the good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment