Monday, September 28, 2015

Week 8 of Half Marathon Training

September 21-27

So according to plans I could
  • lift twice, 4.5 mi, 3 mi, 4.5 mi, 50 min cross train, 8 mi run
  • lift twice, 4.5 mi, 3 mi, 5 mi pace, 40 min tempo, and 10 mi
  • 3 mi, 3 mi, 5 mi, 5 mi pace, and 10 mi
  • 5 mi, 4 mi, 4 mi, 5 mi 
Here's what I did.

Monday: I ran 3.66 miles with the mom group. Then we walked the rest of the way back. They wanted to walk and I wasn't going to be the only one running.  Then I did cize later in the day.

Tuesday: I ran 3.57 miles at a 9:20 pace. Kathryn and I just ran and didn't realize we went that fast.

Wednesday: I ran 5.03 miles with Beth. Our overall pace was 9:17. We alternated with a double jogger. We started out running 4 minutes then walking 1 minute since the Galloway method claims if you follow it, you will knock 11 minutes off your half marathon time.  Then we swapped to 3:1.  The running was fast but a struggle. I can't believe how hard it was and how our pace was only a few seconds faster than running straight through. 

Thursday: Rest Day but I walked around with Ella at a farm then immediately after babysat for 7 hours. I did walk them to the park and play with them. I was exhausted and my feet hurt after. 

Friday:  Rest Day! 

Saturday: I finally did my long run with Beth. We ran 9.01 miles at a 9:19 pace.  (We need 9:09 pace for our half marathon in a month.)  We ran 4 continuous miles then we walked 1 minute every time the Garmin hit a whole mile. We did walk at 7.75 miles instead of at 8 and then we got a last mile of continuous running. That 1 minute walk really really helped!  Not having a stroller helped too.

Sunday:  Rest Day. Ella and I walked to and from a birthday party.

Total Running Mileage: 21.27 miles
Total other things: 2 walks, 1 cize 

Summary: I'm impressed I ran so far considering my feet still hurt daily and I ice them daily. I probably shouldn't have run so far though. I did miss doing cize videos. Since I'm training for a race, I made that my priority and didn't do as much side stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment