Sunday, September 6, 2015

Week 5 of Half Marathon Training

I registered so I figure I should summarize what I've been doing. I sort of know training plans off the top of my head but I'll use my old posts as a guide and see how I did by comparison.  Week 5 August 31 - September 6

I took updated pictures but didn't make new pictures for the earlier weeks last time.

So according to plans I could
  • lift twice, 4 mi, 2 mi, 4 mi, 6 mi, and cross train
  • lift twice, 4 mi 3 mi, 3 mi pace, 7 x 400 5k pace, and 8 mi
  • 3 mi, 3 mi, 4 mi, and 8 mi
  • 3 mi, 5 mi, 2 mi, 10 mi 
Here's what I did. 
Monday: I ran 4.02 miles with the mom meetup group.  Then I did push-ups at the park after.  I did Cize during nap.

Tuesday: I ran 3.25 miles in the neighborhood.  I did push-ups.

Wednesday: Rest Day.  I forced myself to take a rest day since my last rest day was August 16 but I still did push-ups because of my push-up challenge. I also was at the pool with Ella for over an hour. 

Thursday: I ran 2.91 miles in the morning. I did cize during nap. I also did push-ups 


Friday:  I ran 4.79 miles in the neighborhood. That was the longest run in awhile. I did push-ups. In the evening I was filling out my calendar and I wrote cize instead of run but I didn't want to have to cross something out so then at 9 I went and did cize. 

Saturday: I ran 8 miles with Beth at a 9:33 pace. (last time week 5 we ran 8 miles at 9:11 pace but we didn't push a double jogger)  Then we did push-ups. 

Sunday:  Rest Day. Well I did push-ups for the 7th day of the challenge. I also spent about 3 hours shopping.

Total Running Mileage: 22. 97 miles (oddly enough it was a very high and similar number last time: 23.96 mi) 
Total other things: 3 workout videos, 7 days of push-ups.

Summary: I ran a lot of miles but I did not do a speed workout. I'm really liking cize and since I run a lot, my goal is 3x a week. I want to incorporate speed workouts but I'm so bad at that It's so difficult to do when I'm always pushing a stroller. 

No comments:

Post a Comment