Friday, December 7, 2018

Updated Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe (2018)

I posted a recipe almost a year ago but have made some adjustments so decided to do a new post.

I went from one sous chef to another.



Ingredients:
2 c rice  (cauliflower rice is also wonderful but then I used a little more)  I also liked 2 c cauliflower rice and 1 c brown rice)
1 - 1.5 lb lean ground beef
4 green peppers (or up to 6!) (Or a cut TJs frozen bag of peppers that I cut up more and then 2 more peppers)
1 red pepper
1 onion
garlic
1 can (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes (I have used the one with green chilis too but it's a little too spicy for me when I'm pregnant.)
1 3/4 c tomato sauce
2-4 cups chicken broth (I add 2 then more if the liquid is lacking.)
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt (I don't measure)
1/2 tsp pepper  (I don't measure)
1 family size of Campbell's tomato soup. This time I used Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup but not sure if it was better or worse.

Cook meat and onions on stove.
Cook rice
Put all ingredients in crock pot and stir.   Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 5-6 hours.

It makes everything smell so good.

This makes a lot of soup. I love leftovers. It freezes really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment