Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Kids Say ... (July and August 2020)

I have a real backlog of quotes that I stopped even documenting them.  But these are 2 years old! I started this draft post in February and it took me this long to even get it done! I had quite a few that just said "see memo" which meant I had to go back. 

---------

Miles just came up and told me I smell like poop and "can't you go poop in the bathroom" and he left since I apparently smell so bad.   What in the world?! I said I don't smell like poop


7/2/20

---------

Miles hands Liam what he wants 

Liam throws it 

Miles gets it

Liam throws it

Miles gets it and says “Liam you are getting ridiculous”

7/6/20

---------

"He's smiling really big. Get your camera ready."

(I had a note to see pic and couldn't figure out which picture it meant until I saw an instagram story with the text over the above picture.)

7/13

---------


Miles: After you’re done doing pushes, I’ll rub your back so you better do the pushes good. 


7/13

---------


Miles: Do you remember the first day?

First day of what? I forget a lot 

Miles: The first day of Earth 

Me: Miles I'm not that old. I don't remember the first day of Earth 

Miles: oh sorry. I got carried away. 

7/15

---------


Me: I need to find my white visor and my pink one is all sweaty. So maybe I need to buy another visor.

Miles: No you have 2 visors. I think that’s enough. 

Me: You’re right miles. We just have to quit losing the ones we have. 

7/16

---------


I'm putting on makeup. Miles asked


Me: I'm putting on makeup for fun

Miles: I thought grownups hate fun 

Me: no grownups like fun

Miles: oh ok. You can put makeup on for fun 


7/21/20

---------


I bought Miles new shoes. Fit. And too small. Returned too small. Got more new.  Different brand. I thought they were too big


After 2 days 

Miles: I love my new red shoes that are bigger than my new gray  shoes. They aren't too big. 


7/21 

---------


Ella: When will corona virus be over?

Me: I don't know. It's not looking good. 

Ella: I thought it wouldn't be over until everyone dies


8/1


---------


Miles told me if I didn’t give him ice cream he would bite Liam. 

I told him he should be positive and gave an example: If you give me ice cream, I’ll tickle your back. 

Miles: That’s what I said. I think your ears were playing tricks on you. 


8/2

---------


Me: I have to cook dinner

Miles: Why

Me: So we have food

Miles: if you cook a super good dinner like daddy does, I'll rub your back a long time. 

8/3

---------

Miles is flipping. Wanting another book

Says "if you don't read me another book I'll kick you in the face"

Hey Miles that isn't nice 

Miles: How about this. If you read me a book I'll rub your back 

Miles that is a much better way to say it.


8/7

---------

Reading book. Get to butterflies. I say nothing.  And Miles says "this is no ordinary butterfly. This is a monarch butterfly". He was right


8/8

---------


When I was taking Liam upstairs 

Miles: I hope you have a good night getting Liam to sleep 

Me: thanks Miles. Me too. That's so nice and kind of you to say. 

Miles: I know.


8/20/20

---------


Are you sweeping up your mess

Liam: Yea

Good job 


See video

8/26/20

---------


Miles. (About air dry clay): It'll take a few months to get. I'll be an old man by then. 

8/28

---------


Miles: Mommy there is something suspicious in my chair

{I didn't take a pic and have no idea what it was now!}

8/29/20

---------


Miles walked in after preschool and said "wow those cleaning ladies did a really good job"


8/31/20

No comments:

Post a Comment