Monday, August 29, 2022

Perrigo Parkrun 5k (8/27/22)



At almost the last second I decided to go to the 5k. I parked at 8:57 and the race had a 9 am start time. It started a little late which was good. I ran so much faster than I expected. I know race adrenaline helps but also perfect weather helped. It was 60 degrees and cloudy. 

I was surprised that within hours of the race, the results were emailed to us. They had a couple race photographers but they all took photos on their phones. I am waiting to see those. I plan to take race photos at a future race. They do these weekly. 

After I finished it took me a little to stop my devices. 

I was near the finish when someone was cheering like crazy so I got out my phone and recorded the cheering. Then after, I went up to her and asked if she wanted me to send the video. 



Perrigo parkrun results for event #102. Your time was 00:26:51.
Congratulations on completing your 1st parkrun and your 1st at Perrigo parkrun today. You
finished in 26th place and were the 4th Female out of a field of 69 parkrunners and you came
1st in your age category VW35-39. Take a look at this week's full set of results on our website.
Well done on your first parkrun. We have set this as your PB.
You achieved an age-graded score of 56.36%.

I was really nervous I wouldn't have anywhere to park but there was a little bit of room. I had
to go to the bathroom but didn't have time. I drank my energize in the car on the way there. My water bottle was pretty
full of ice and since it wasn't hot, it didn't even melt enough while there.
I didn't run out of water but after the run and before I got to the car I did. I had ice but no water.

I didn't turn on a podcast. I didn't have time but then since they started late, I would have had
time but just chose not to listen to one. I still had a head phone in and listened to my splits. My watch was on "easy
run" so it had a 5 min warmup and then I missed the first mile split (that is really the first full mile after 5 min) and I
missed the second split. So basically didn't see my
splits on my watch. I did have it showing me my lap pace and lap time but then it didn't show
me overall distance so at 2.73 mi I swiped to switch my display and knew I was pretty close.

I set my run:walk intervals to 1:15-0:15 but lately i've been running 10-15 min before walk
intervals so I knew I'd skip the first few. But then I just ended up using 3 of the walk breaks
even though I should have had more. I think they were roughly 11, 16, and 21 minutes.

Garmin, NRC, and mapmyrun had different splits!


Their facebook page had a summary a few days after the race. 

Perrigo parkrun #102
After a couple of very exciting weeks of special parkruns, it was back to a somewhat normal routine, but we still had an amazing crowd of 69 runners, walkers and joggers. That was including the fact we had quite a few of our regulars out of town, including our friends the Hoeggers, who have now moved off to Hawaii, Mary and Michele pounding away the miles on the Hood to Coast run, and Nina and Shawn representing Perrigo at our sister parkrun at Winthrop Trailhead parkrun
Amazingly, we had another 10 first timers including:
Annesha Kneip,Colleen McCloskey,Derik Stenerson,Hoke Monika,Kathryn Sullivan,Ke Xiao,Linda Zhao,Tony Meng,Warren Aldred and Yifan Li
We love to see the first timers and hope they make it a plan to come back regularly.
Even more astounding was the fact we had 19 runners with PBs!!
Congrats to everyone who got a PB including:
A.j. Ritter, Amit Kapur, Bingran Luo,Chuck Mulberg,Dave Jackson, David Addison, David Couvrette ,Doug Sippy, Hannah Jackson, Jiashu Wang, John Prochaska, Kanjun Li, Kirk Devine, Min Yang, Nancy Devine, Sam Addison, Shyam Sunder, Tracey Gilman, Zach Jackson
We also had 7 runners visiting from other parkruns:
Deepak Rajendrakumaran visiting from Rock Creek trail parkrun in Portland.
Maya Cutforth who normally runs at South Boulder Creek parkrun in Colorado.
Jack Hogan visiting from Roosevelt Island DC parkrun.
Alex Watterworth from Nose Hill parkrun in Calgary AB Canada.
Cody Elledge who has two parkruns under his belt now, one in Calgary, and now one here.
And a couple special guests, Simon Faber, and Ellisha Simon-Jantz from Okanagan parkrun in Kelowna BC Canada.
Simon just happens to be son of our regular run director DeanF.
And as usual, biggest thanks go to our volunteers for the day:
Laura DE ZORZI, Dean FABER, Max JENSEN, Molly JENSEN, Shinta JEWELL, Gayle KEENAN, Anne MCNICOL, Kevin MORLEY, Linda VATE BRATTSTROM
Extra special thanks to Laura for volunteering when she could have run her 25th parkrun today, and Linda who jumped in at the last moment to fill in for another volunteer who was not feeling well this morning. As usual, I say we have the best group of volunteers, so huge thanks to volunteers from today, and all our regular volunteers.. and you know who you are!!
If you have not volunteered yet, please consider it once in a while, since our parkrun depends on volunteers, and I can honestly say it was a big change for me once I actually started volunteering.
We have more pictures coming from our photographer, but in the meantime, here are a few from the finish line. They are not fancy pictures, but pics we occasionally take with timestamps on them to help resolve timing issues if they should arise.
Till next week,
your RD DeanF.


2 photos were posted on facebook that included me at the finish. I'm still waiting for other 

photos to be posted. I know someone took photos.  

This shows how close the 2 females in front of me where. The lady in the white hat finished 12 seconds before me.
Then the other lady finished before me too.

I like the time stamp on the photos. I wish I knew how they did that. 

They posted more photos. Here are 3 others that I am in. 




No comments:

Post a Comment