Monday, May 24, 2010

The rest of Saturday, May 22

As soon as the 5k was over, we headed back to my house for a picnic.  A few people ended up not coming but it was still a decent turnout. There were 12 people total.  Some things were a little hectic with the planning since people came over right away after the race and it was only 11:30 and I didn't have time to get ready so I had to rely on my family.  They did a good job.  We had too much food like I knew we would but the leftovers are great so it's ok.

During the picnic but near the end my family left to go to a geenhouse to buy some flowers. My mom said I needed them. 

After they got back only 2 people were left and we sat in the family for a little while and talked. 

Then I went with my family to the green house and bought more flowers and a plant for the missing spot where one died last year. 

I wanted to load the race pictures on my computer before we started planting the stuff, but in that time it started raining. As soon as it stopped raining, my mom and I headed outside to do some planting.  We rushed and literally while I was washing my hands after we were done, it started to rain again. Our luck never ends up that way.  Well all the "dirt" was actually clay so we don't know if the flowers will even last. 
A shrub had poison ivy!


Headed to plant the tree.



At one point while we were planting Dave came out and asked how we were doing.  I told him to go get the camera and take pictures or our planting things never really happened.  My mom thought I was nuts.  He went and got pictures while we were on the last flowers and then for the tree. Boy am I glad.

My parents stayed until it was pretty late. We even had leftovers for dinner with them.

After they left, Dave and I watched a show and then decided we wanted Donuts because we read Melissa's facebook status from a little while ago.  (Her car smelled like donuts.)  We went to Dunkin Donuts and they didn't have any kinds we wanted so then we headed down the road to Krispy Kreme.   We ate donuts and watched more TV.  We are still so far behind though.   We went to sleep early.  I think I was in bed by 11:30.  Dave was asleep before that.

1 comment:

  1. Well now I want donuts.

    Also, I'm so jealous of your climate and soil quality; that looked so fun.

    ReplyDelete