Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sunday, May 9 - Day 1 in DC

Our plan was to leave at 9am. I ended up logging into work to finish some stuff up at 8:30 so then that delayed us.  We left at 9:15.  I drove first.  We got to the first rest stop at 10:30.  I need lots of little rests so I can drive longer. Plus on the turnpike there are not that many rest stops so you have to stop when you see them.

We found a Wawa and went there for lunch around 12:45. Dave got 2 hoagies for variety. I got one but was tricked and ended up getting a new kind and didn't like it. I got orange drink. it was nice.  

A few minutes after 2 we arrived at the hotel.  Dave drove from Wawa to our hotel.   The room was not ready for us so they took our luggage and we had a little over an hour to kill.  We decided to head to the white house. We walked there. Instead of just killing an hour we decided to do more things.
First we went to the White House
 Then we walked through a park and saw this guy just sitting there on the bench.
Then we saw the capitol and took some pictures.  We did even more walking to the Washington Monument.



We went to the Lincoln Memorial.  I had to get my picture in front of Lincoln just like I did in 1993. I need to get the ones from 1993 and scan them in.





 Then it became dinner time. We had trouble picking a place to eat. Some places people had on suits so we got scared away.  We found this pizza place.
In the corner of the pizza place there were 2 guys eating with 2 people filming them for class or something.

Then we walked home and we were super tired.  We did a ton of walking so I wanted to see what my gowear fit had to say.  The software was upgraded a few months ago and now I can't get it to upload on any of my computers besides my one desktop.  I spent an hour battling with it and trying to get Dave to get it to work on his laptop too. Nothing worked.  This made me sad because I want to know details based on how stressful and athletic I am on vacation.  The hotel wireless also gave us trouble.  Nothing worked right and I wasted so much of my day.  We went to sleep around 11.

There are more pictures from Day 1 in DC.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm you know you're going somewhere fun when you find Wawa's... :-D

    Great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave loves Wawa. we stopped there on our way back. it was better the 2nd time for me because i didn't try something new. and man I love their orange drink.

    ReplyDelete