Monday, May 24, 2010

5k Race Summaries

I put together a summary of all the 5k Races that I ran.  These are since knee surgery.  The first race it took about 30 seconds to cross the start line. August 30 was the only race with a chip time.
10/11 was at Highland park and was pretty hilly and involved steps.  March 20 was the worst with hills. That one was at Norwin.  August 30 was probably the flattest with that being the Steelers 5k.

I should have definitely done better this last time.
May 22 was the only race with rain.
January 2 was the coldest I ever ran outside and also the course was snow covered and extremely hard to get good footing and I could not open my stride.

My next 5k is on July 4 with the same course as above unless I do one in a few weeks in Valencia called the Middlesex Mad Dash.  I looked up the results from last year and only about 80 people ran it. I kind of what to do it now.  They say there are awards for the top 3 in each age bracket.  My bracket would be 20-29 instead of the normal 25-29.  I learned about this one based on a flyer in my race packet from this Saturday.   I see I missed the mail in registration. They sure make you have it mailed in a lot in advance. It would cost me $20 instead of $15 so that makes me not want to do it.  I don't even want the T-shirt. I hate all these T-shirts.

Oh I forgot about the 5k on June 26 at work. It's a pump and run.  I won't be any good at that one. Maybe I shouldn't even do it.

There are too many races.  Yet there are not enough races.

2 comments:

  1. I think that January race had the most unpleasant racing conditions I've ever experienced.

    http://www.dailyamerican.com/10k/

    I think that one is pretty close to where the LHU course goes through, if you wanted to do one on the same day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not that I want to run one the same day it's that that one was local to me so I thought I should do it then when I saw about nobody does it and I might win I wanted to do it. Then when I saw it was the same day as yours I didn't want to do it.

    ReplyDelete