Thursday, June 2, 2011

Friend Friday: Vacation

Now that summer is in full swing here… and vacations are coming up, let’s talk about what you’re packing to take on vacation. Check out what Katy and everyone else said too.
1. When it comes to packing for vacation what’s your mantra?
I pack so infrequently. Actually all my packing the past 15 years have been for work except once.  But when packing I will sick with things that go with either black shoes or brown shoes. Shoes take up far too much room when packing. I may take 2 black pairs but then I have options.

2. What are your must packs?
Laptop, good camera, purse camera, spare camera batteries and battery chargers, gameboy, KenKen book, phone charger... oh that's probably not what you had in mind.  Perhaps clothes appropriate for the weather is the must pack. Lately I have to pack a ton of accessories.

3. What are you happy to leave behind?
Nothing. I don't even know why I travel. Oh wait. I don't.   I am sitting here staring trying to figure out what I'm happy to leave behind. I am coming up with nothing.

4. Any packing secrets that help you get everything into one suitcase?
Fewer shoes. Get everything out that you need to pack before starting to load the suitcase.

5. Beach reading… what are you taking with you to read in the sand?
Well this assumes I travel to somewhere I can read. I barely read. I'm staying at hotels and busy doing touristy things on my vacations (OK vacation...) and I read blogs in the evening.  I won't even stay at a hotel if I can't get internet. The last time we visited the in-laws we stayed at a different hotel because the internet wasn't good at the one we used to stay at.

I've flown a few times and I have never checked a bag. I fit everything into my carry-on.  When driving, I pack more but still never feel like I pack enough. I don't have enough options. I do remix while traveling but sometimes you don't want to wear things again like the last time I traveled, I picked up trash at a park for community service and didn't want to wear those jeans again.  Or if I'm walking outside in the humidity, I feel like my clothes get too gross.  I do often forget to pack a hoodie to sleep in. If I travel with my husband, he keeps the hotel rooms far too cold and I have trouble sleeping if I don't have a hoodie.

No comments:

Post a Comment