Sunday, June 19, 2011

6.6 - NA-YGN, Ikea, Carinos

Dress: Old Navy
Cardigan: NY&Co.
Shoes: Connie from Famous Footwear
Necklace: Lia Sophia
Earrings: Target
Belt: Kohls

Similar to a recent outfit.I just swapped out the cardigan.  I was going to do different jewelry but figured why mess with something I liked and also I didn't have a lot of time to think.  I am a lot more comfortable belting over things with a dress than I am with skirts or pants.  But a year ago I wasn't even comfortable belting a dress.  It is a work in progress.

This dress is getting more use recently than it did the first 10 years I owned it.  I also like having something with a higher neckline. Nowadays it seems so hard for me to find something that fits and isn't too revealing.
Poly was sleeping with me in the morning.
At work we had one of our NA-YGN meetings. I finally got up the nerve to take a few pictures to show what some meetings are like. We usually don't have the round tables.  These pictures don't show how there was a row of chairs around the walls of the room that were all in use. We had about 80 people there.  Chad came up to present. I see him rarely. Well the last time I saw him I was wearing the similar outfit I noted above. Sigh. I should start paying attention to who I will see so they get to see a variety of my outfits.

We provided food at the meeting but the cafeteria was late in delivering. They were late by 45 minutes. Then I noticed about 3/4 of the way through the line that they were out of napkins.  I am proud of myself for getting up and walking all the way to the cafeteria to get more napkins. I could have just sat there. Then when I finally returned, nobody was in line anymore. I knew there were lots of people without napkins. I walked around and passed out stacks to the tables that were in line near the end. I felt like I was sort of disrupting the presentation, but that it was worth it for napkins. The pizza was extremely greasy.  I did my good deed for the day.  I learned while I went to get napkins they also ran out of plates or almost ran out.  The cafeteria didn't do anything right I guess.
After work we headed to Ikea to buy a corner bookshelf and the connection pieces. We also found a nice reading chair.
After Ikea, we went to Carino's.  It was half off family platters so we decided to get one. I settled with regular spaghetti even though I like angel hair better.  We had a lot leftover too.  I got Italian Chili but only ate one bowl.  I didn't feel full. I didn't have pants pushing on my gut though. Then when I tried to get up to leave boy did I feel full. Then on the way home, every bump made me want to throw up.  So I guess dresses have pros and cons. I can eat to my hearts content but then I eat far too much.   Then on our way home we stopped for frozen yogurt. I barely got any but I shouldn't have gotten any at all. Oh boy was I full.
Three hours later, we had the new shelf assembled and didn't even have them lined up properly. It was extremely hard to get everything at the right angle and in the right place. I wish they had dimensions for how far away the larger bookshelves should be from the corner. Then it would have been so much easier.  I didn't bring my work laptop home knowing I'd be a little busy but then I didn't realize I wouldn't even have time for TV and that we wouldn't even get the bookshelves totally up.

1 comment:

  1. You look very elegant and classy in the belted cardigan, those shoes are perfect and the jewelry is too.

    We have issues with our cafeteria (or Nutritional Services Department) not providing the correct amount of things. It's frustrating.

    I'm glad you got your bookcases! I'm excited for when I have my own place and can decorate and buy things like that again.

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete