Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Tuesday, June 22

I was going to wake up early to run but I had stayed up too late so I figured 4 hours of sleep would not be enough. I slept 4:54 instead.  I got to work and was super busy.

I'm at work and I get an email from my mom with an update on gram telling me how the hospital called my aunt because my gram's blood pressure was too low and told them to come in.  My 2 cousins, my dad, and my aunt went in at 2am and got home around 5:30. She was talking up a storm and didn't seem bad at all. Just getting a phone call had to be scary. At least I didn't know anything about it so I was able to fall asleep at 2am.

I wanted to leave work at 4 to go visit her but I was so busy with work that I didn't leave until 5 and I didn't finish what I wanted to finish either.  Instead of eating fast food, I picked Dave up and we went to Johnny Carino's.  I got Italian Chili. Man I just realized I forgot to bring that soup in for my lunch.

I didn't get to the hospital until a little after 7:30 and then I stayed for a few hours.  Jared was there with me.  Gram was talking up a storm but most of what she said made no sense but every now and then she made sense. She must have overheard my dad telling my aunt how I ordered pictures for her at Costco because Gram kept talking to me about pictures and then asking if I printed any for me and if I had them with me. She wanted to look at pictures.  She can barely open her eyes and she wants to look at pictures.  Now everyone knows where I get it. I'll probably be the same way.   The only pictures I had with me were ones on my camera and I started showing gram some of those. She liked looking. I left around 9:30 and got home around 10:30. I talked to my mom the entire way in the car.  That made it so nice because after such a long day I would have surely gotten tired driving.  I wish I knew how long gram would be in the hospital. I wish they would let her eat. They said she had to pass a swallow test again even though she had been eating. My dad was mad that they won't let her have water even. She kept asking for it and asking when she'd get to eat.  Too bad when they come to give her a swallow test she is always sleeping so then they don't do it and then when she wakes up she doesn't get to eat or drink.

When I got home I was so tired but I ended up staying up until 11:30.

At one of my meetings, our conversation evolved to talking about going to the gym and gaining or losing weight since working out.  This prompted me to send someone on my team my weight graph link. He said he's a nerd and has a few graphs himself but has nothing that detailed. I have yet to meet anyone with more graphs than me but I want to meet someone. I want to know what graphs they have and I don't and then I want to make them.  I came up with a new thing to keep track of today. I want to make a table of what Nike+ says I ran and then what I actually ran and then percent error. I should probably recalibrate it but sometimes when I run it is under what it should be.

The coworker mentioned above doesn't think I'm missing any sort of graph. I bet I am. Time to come up with something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment