Sunday, June 20, 2010

Friday, June 18

I was going to run in the morning but I was just too exhausted that I hit snooze for an hour and didn't run at all before work.  I didn't get to go to lunch at work because I had a meeting 12-4.  That meeting was so awful. Sometimes I think no matter how I try to explain something, people just don' get it. Mostly they just don't it because they don' know the current process so then describing a change doesn't work so well.


I left work around 4:45 to head home, change, wait for Dave and head to the Pirates game.  It was so hot on my way home from work but I checked the weather and it seemed to say that it would get cooler so I didn't worry too much.  I should have worried.  It was so hot. I was dying.

I drove down. That was the deal for him to go.
Then we get down there and there is TONS of traffic.  Well first we left later than we planned on leaving. I told him our plan had us leaving too late anyway.  We can't.

We had to park in a different place than normal. It took forever to get there and it was at a garage instead of a lot.  There were only a couple spots left. At the end of the night I had to back down the hill to get to the main top floor of the garage to head down.

Then we get to stadium and have to wait in this huge line to get our tickets.  Usually there is 1 person in front of us. We had to weave and actually wait in a decent amount of the line past all the weaving because it was so long.  We had coupons for buy one get one free so we had to go to the main ticket buying area versus the smaller ones at other areas of the stadium.  Jen and Chad were late but since we had to wait so long in line they actually just got there as we were buying our tickets.

We get into the stadium and have to buy food.  The line takes forever. They give you way less fries than they normally do. It was very disappointing. Then I go to put mustard on Dave's hot dog and the thing runs out of mustard 3/4 of the way through the hot dog.  They didn't give us trays for the food. And oh we left the water bottles in the car that I had brought.

Since there were no trays, the nacho cheese was extremely hot on my legs. It was hard to hold. This only made matters worse because it was already super hot and my jeans were sticking to me.  Of all the days not to go to the Club Seats where we could benefit from unlimited ice water and the airconditioned room.

The innings went by too fast. There were like no hits up until the 7th inning.  Then it got a little exciting.

Around the 5th inning Dave and I went for more food. Dave couldn't handle the line so I decided to wait in line and try to carry it all. We got the same thing as the first time: Nachos, foot long hot dog, and french fries.  I missed an inning and a half in line. The line actually went shorter than it would have because people got sick of waiting and left the line.

But we still lost.  The Indians had to have a little meeting because they feared our guys on base would score. They had too much faith in the Pirates and the guy on 3rd never made it home.

Dave and I left in the middle of the 8th inning so that we would be able to get out of the top floor of the parking garage.  We accidentally left our prints they gave us at our seats but I texted Jen and she said she would grab them. I don't know if she did or not though.

Dave was miserable the entire time. He usually enjoys the games so I was bummed. We are never going on a day again that everyone says is "great weather" because that means the weather sucks.  Also Dave said we are never going again when we place a team that is close enough to have fans from the other team driving to our stadium.

I was highly disappointed about the game. I thought it would be fun an exciting instead I was hot and didn't get to enjoy myself.  I was expecting a loss so that didn't even matter.

There was this cute kid in front of us who liked to turn around and talk to me. I liked him.

Also I hate how people at PNC park don't respect the game and thus get up and leave their seats whenever they want same with returning to their seats.  We were in 108 FF and I'd say about half the game my view was blocked by people. Sometimes people just were in the way and stood instead of moving out of the way.

I can't believe I just wrote that much about the game. Usually I take lots of pictures and don't have a lot to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment