Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Thursday, May 27 - not a good morning

Before I knew the day would be crappy
I decided to hit snooze a few times. I wanted to get to work early so I could leave early to run or leave early to do nothing.  I hit snooze figuring what's the difference in getting to work at 7:45 and 8:15.
Then I left and almost went to try a backway. I should have. There was an accident blocking all lanes.

This all caused me to get to work pretty late. This was not too late though. My first meeting was at 9 but I run it and it takes time to set up.

When I get to work, I again make note of how they don't have cross walks going from one row in the parking lot to the next. They have sidewalks crossing the median things but not near the doors. It is a poor design. I walk across the grass when I get there late and it is annoying.  But today it was especially annoying because the grass needs to be cut.

Well I get to work around 8:30, but my computer decided to hate me.  Certain programs wouldn't work right. After everything was closed that I didn't need I didn't have enough time to reboot prior to my meeting because sometimes it takes over 20 minutes to reboot. I hate my computer so much.   I was able to get LiveMeeting to work so I could run the meeting but I did waste over a half hour trying to get my computer to work.

The meeting ran over. It lasted over an hour.  Then I spent about 40 minutes rebooting my computer and trying to get it to work.

Finally around lunch time I could get started with work. But oh wait I have a 1-3:00 Meeting every thursday. That sure sucked because I didn't get to doing actual work. Also I was going to lunch at 12 with Jen and 2 interns in my old group.  After 15 minutes they didn't show up.  Then they came down with my admin and someone else. They didn't have the heart to tell the other 2 that they already had plans with us. I said it was fine and we'd do lunch the next day.

I went to Body Pump at 5 and then to McD's and got food for dinner.   I get home to find that my Nike+ waiting for me.  I forgot it was coming so then it was a pleasant surprise.

What was not a pleasant surprise was the Nike+ does not work with my kind of iPhone.  I didn't pay close enough attention. I think i did before and that's why I didn't order it.  I have an iPod but didn't order the sports kit to plug into it since I had the iPhone. Well I got mad after since I couldn't use it. It would work in Dave's iPhone too but he wouldn't let me use his.   I then went out to Best Buy to buy a Nike+ Sports Kit. I couldn't wait to order one. I paid sales tax and maybe a couple dollars more.  Now I have 2 of the little Nike+ things but they only last 1000 hours of battery life and you buy a new one so I'm ok with that.


By the time I got back from Best Buy it was dark.  I still went to the track to calibrate the thing. I ran a 400 to calibrate and then ran a 400 on the thing. It was right on for calibration.  I thought I was good to go.  Then I had to go home and figure out how to log in to the site, make a profile, and do all that stuff. I didn't shower since I barely ran and only lifted at Body Pump and I was running in the morning.  So many showers in such a short time gets annoying.  I didn't have a meeting until 9 so I could get there to run almost at any time. I stayed up a little late but thought I could handle it.

After Best Buy we had gone to Dunkin Donuts but they didn't have any decent kinds.  We then got donuts at Krispy Kreme.


No comments:

Post a Comment