Saturday, January 21, 2012

"I don't have time to eat healthy."

source
That was the theme of this week's Biggest Loser.   I thought it was a pretty good theme.  They didn't seem to focus on it a lot during the show or did but it just didn't sink in my mind.

I often think about how people say they don't have time to eat healthy. They also say healthy foods are more expensive and they can't afford it.  There are so many excuses.

Some things I've noticed are that you can make it part of your routine and you do have the time to eat healthy. You can cook and watch TV.  You can buy healthier options at restaurants.  Most chains put their nutrition information online and some do right on the menu.  You can use that as a start.   You can cook a few meals worth and have containers ready to pack it up and then you have another lunch and dinner without having to cook or spend time going to a restaurant to get food.

source
People saying they don't have time to exercise is also crazy.  I used to think I was so busy and didn't know how I'd fit time in to exercise and here I am exercising 6 days a week.

Eating right and exercising make you have more energy. Then you do everything else better or faster in your life. It may seem like you are taking more time to cook or buy the appropriate ingredients but all the time evens out in the end.

Now here's the kicker. I know all of the above. Yet I still pick up dinner on the way home from work and sit there and watch TV.  All of this is a lifestyle change and working out more than 4 days a week has been part of my life since early 2009. So I'd say I've stuck with it pretty long. Late 2008, I also exercised daily but just knee exercises for my bad knee.

1 comment:

  1. All of these things are very true.

    Also, I know I shoudn't eat handfuls of M&Ms whenever I want, but knowing this does not stop me. We all have our vices, I guess.

    ReplyDelete