Sunday, January 15, 2012

Why I Blog

I have been blogging daily for over a year and a half. I have been blogging for 8 years (some of that on LiveJournal).  I have slightly changed what all I post about over the years.

I blog for me. It isn't that I don't care about readers. It's not that at all. I love readers. I just mainly blog for me. I think if I blogged for others, I would have lost interest ages ago.  I blog for the chronology of my life. I like to be able to go back a year or two and pick a random day and know what I did.  I know that many people find my life boring, heck I find it boring too, but it is still my life and I still post about it.

Over the past 1.5 years, my favorite blogs have changed. I have started to enjoy some more and some less.  I don't particularly favor a type of blogger over another, other than I enjoy the bloggers who actually post more about their lives. I think this is because I post about my life and that's what I enjoy.  If I didn't write about my boring life, I'd have a post a month if that.  If I blogged only when I had something thoughtful and exciting to write about, that would also be rare.

I blog to share about my life with others. I blog to interest with others. Some of my interactions with people are solely commenting on each others blogs.

I probably blog for all the wrong reasons according to big or famous blogs out there but these seem right for me.  Blogging and getting my thoughts down has been great and I feel like I've been happier over the years after writing things.

Why do you blog? (Or if you don't blog, why don't you?)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so with you! Blogging started to become a chore until I really did make it all about/for me again. I love the new direction my blog is taking and hoenim able to share more about who I am past the clothes that I wear. There's so much more to me than that. I've always commended and appreciated your honesty in your writing and I'm glad you blog for you. Isn't that would it should really be about anyway? The rest comes with the territory or not... Doesn't really matter as long as you're getting what you want out of it! <3

    ReplyDelete